To be completely honest, I think farming keys for anni charms and torches is one of the most time consuming and unnecessary aspects of the game. I usually wait until I've satisfactorily geared all of my toons for the purpose that I use them and then go back for anni charms and torches if I get bored. When I say "for the purpose that I use them for" I mean that I have a toon that I use for different farming scenarios sometimes multiples of the same class. I gave up trying to take on all of the content with just one character. If you have all of the strongest gear and enchants available you might be able to do it all with one toon but I don't. I use a shield throw barb with an IK set for act 5 infernos and plague lands(although now that the drop rates have been nerfed, I don't bother with PL anymore). I use a standard smiter/poison smiter for dream lands and boss farming the three new inferno portals. Finally I use a frost fire zon for hell and inferno cows(mavinas will work just fine, FF is just faster.

I play solo. Always have. Always will. The times that I am able to play are different than when most other people are online. I also don't like competing for the same loot table. I'd rather just find gear and strategy solutions for tackling new endgame content than wait for help from other people. Maybe that is a bit anti social but it's how I roll. I guess I should get to my point. If you are having trouble with particular area of the game, try to evaluate what weaknesses of the class you are playing that are preventing you from progressing and perhaps think about rolling a new toon that would be better suited for that content. I know that smiters may not be hipster enough for some people. Just remember that there was a reason that everyone played smiters back in the day. They worked and could kill any boss. They still can. Shield throw barbs can face tank the act 5 inferno portals and with the recent buff to damage reduction they are even stronger. Remember to have fun and teleport is your friend