Hi all!
My name is caca i'm from France and i played D2 on Bnet for at least 10years, this game to me is THE game, and this server made me love again d2 with his content, and community so... Thank you game!
My goal with that post is not to get more powerful items to bring my char even more power full but to bring back the possibility to play with rare, crafted items.

i was wondering why i CAN'T put off the rare amys/ring/gloves/belt from my pickit even-though i know they are kind of useless compared to the new late game content of the game... still when i am MFing i have those items polluting my screen, without picking up any.
I realized then that it was nostalgia of the D2 we love, with its godly rare that make that game so unique. Remember when you were dueling in Bnet looking at other ppl stuff and seing those godly beautiful rares that could permit people builds. It wasnt 1build=1set of items, quite none had the same stuff for same build, because quite every build needed a rare to be efficient; circlet, ring, amy and some times belt or shoes (specially crafted for those one). Of course the chance to drop a potential godly rare ( i mean with really goo affixes and stats) is really nothing on our lovely server because we are few, none take them, and we have no botting machine that can drop one of those once a year or whatever.

First,i'll discuss about the affix range from the RARE ITEMS, that must be "balanced" with the unique's affixes.
It is clear that the +skill from amy and circlet must beat the same lvl then the most powerful uniques. If a Mara and new amy gives +4 all skill + fcr+ max life, it is impossible for any amy to to challenge it. In the same way, unique/cow shakos with their+3 and massive stats give no chance to circlet. So upgrade +2 to +3 on those rare items may give them a chance.
Plus, one thing that could make a circlet really godly was the 2sox affix, because there were no unique helm (or really few) with 2sox, so adding +3 sox on affixe could help to ( this goes for weapon too).

Another thing is that even if the FHR/FCR AFFIXES have been boosted, (up to 30%fhr and fcr), the affixes aren't anymore 10 20 30 fcr and 10 17 24Fhr but 10fhr to 24 and probably 10fcr to 30fcr. That means that the affixes have more variability and are even more rare to get with good stats.
Exemple: if i loot a circlet with 5 godly affixes + Fcr affix, this one has 1/21chance to be perf (30fcr) when it was 1/3chance on Bnet (considering you could have 30fcr on Bnet). In other word you have less then 5%chance to get perf FCR stats when affixs procs, compared to the 33% with old Bnet system.
This is why i think that the FHR affix should be only 10 17 24 30, and the FCR affix should be only 10 20 30 this way we could more easely find usable rare.

In the same way i am missing so much CRAFTED items, they are the rare boosted rare items, they were the godly massive life ring, the perfect manashieldboots, the godly Fcr amulet. i dont know either if you will be able to change crafted stats, but i think that boosting base craft stats could work like a charm.

For example:
Hit power:
-Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7) becomes (10-20), even if i know those are kind of useless...
-5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck becomes... static field when struck? or something usefull but not too OP.
HP ring: + (1-5) To Dexterity becomes 5-20

Blood items:
-(1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit becomes (3-6)% Life Stolen Per Hit
-+(10-20) To Life becomes +(20-40) To Life
-5-10% Deadly Strike/crushingblow/replife/openwound becomes 10-20% Deadly Strike
-Blood ring: + (1-5) To Strength becomes 5-20str

Safety Items:
-Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2) becomes (2-4)
-Damage Reduced By (2-6)
(this one is probly a bad idea because will make mana shield sorc even more unkillable )
safety ring+ (1-5) To Vitality becomes (10-20)
safety amulet + (1-10)% Increased Chance Of Blocking becomes 5-15%

I don't know wich number to use and how it will really change the power of crafted items, but for sure if we can implement them again, this will change the economy because it will make the blue jewels, low runes valuable.

Another thing that could make possible to get godly rare is ... the REROLL RARE SCROLL (or similar). Yeah! why don't we make this scroll reroll rare's affixe value but keep the same affix? This way when we loot a rare with good affixes but not good stats, we coul reroll them again and again , like we do for uniques. The problem with the scrolls is that ppl that play since a long time will have a big amount of gold and will be able to craft perf rares in few time. I think a new cube recipe would be godly to reroll rare item, something not too cheap, not too expensive, so people wont be able to buy those recipe too fast.

So that's it, i know my english is poor but i hope you did understand at least the big lines, if you dont just ask me to be more specific or clear. Thanks for reading (i hope someone will,
Cya in game !