So far I have done 1000+ runs on all bosses but no luck on world puzzles or marks yet, and I start to think maybe I’m not farming the right way and some bosses could have higher drop rate on certain items which I didn’t know, so I started this post to see where ppl have their puzzles dropped and to share some mf tips as well.
I typically log on with 4chars and clear from a1 to a5 with roughly 20min per game.
-Lite Zon <200mf(to kill dreamland bosses except eye)
-orb sorc/cold druid <200mf(to clear every key and act bosses)
-phy&expos necro <200mf(to clear cow, a3 pit, and a5 pits. This is where I got most of the goodies: wf, relic, titan grip etc. tele on monsters and summons kill them instantly and cast corpose expos. The idea is to kill them as fast as u can)
-phy barb <400mf(to clear all end game bosses, and a1 pit to hork corpses)
From those runs, higher mf (my magic barb has 1500+ mf with 93k+ dmg but kill slow)does yield higher unique drops like unique hydro bow, scard armor etc. but none of them turned out to be wf or tyrael might. Yet, my necro, often kill monsters instantly, with considerably low mf found a lot of goodies, so I think the time you spend to kill a monster is important. Thus, I found some bosses have higher drop rate on certain items than others.
-Butcher in Time Rift (found few king jewels)
-Right side rift in act3 (highest unique jewels drop, found 1 king jewels with 400mf phy barb)
-Left side rift in act3 the guy that jumps to attack u(highest soj drops, found 4 sojs with phy barb)
-Second pit in act 5, found few wf and reliec. None on first and third pit.
-Act 1 pit horking corpses. In the good old time, horking corpses in act 1 pit was the best place to farm world puzzles and marks but I didnt even find one with 200+ runs with barb. Instead, I found it the best place to hunt for ber and jah runes.
- cow as always is most reliable in finding blue organ, enchants, and hr(zod, tor).
So basically those are what I come out with in the 1000+ runs I had. I have found boss marks, wf and other good stuff but just cant find any world puzzle or marks, but they cant be rare than the marks from act bosses, so I must be doing something wrong.
So guys, where do u find your world puzzles and marks? any tips?
Thanks,