Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Physical Immune vs Summoner Necro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    That's my point. You can take away the meatshield factor and actually allow summoners to kill stuff. What would meatshields do for me if you can't kill most of the bosses.
    It was very overwhelming obvious most people prefer quantity when it comes to their summoner necro.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    It was very overwhelming obvious most people prefer quantity when it comes to their summoner necro.
    People wanted quantity because 4.1.1 version of 5 skeleton warriors werent as good as 40 old skeletons. And most of the people who complain about revive changes were druids who lost their free rigged revives to solo crucible faster than other 2-3 ppl groups.

Less minions will tank things just fine if you bring a "replacement" mechanic like teleport to the end-game content. With that mechanic you wouldn't need 40 random revives around you most of them doing nothing but tanking missiles from Nithalaks. If you think people shouldn't solo Crucible why give more power to Revive skill over synergies to make druids even more OP? That was a weird call imo. Also all druids who complain about that change would just switch to cthulhu caster set and be immortal. People DID solo cruc with bear spam only before. Of course it takes a little more skills than having 25 revives with infinite hp and almost zero damage.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Maou

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Quality over quantity for sure because this game is old and my gtx titan x still drops to 5fps occasionally due to 39 summons lagging the game engine haha especially multiplayer with 4+ people lord help us when there is more than 1 summon necro.

+1 for somehow with end game gearing to pierce physical resist with summons theres so much content i can just stare at in futility.

I can't get trang true guise to try and help break physical immunity because physical immunity is in my way.

Can't kill diablo in time rift to get stronger summons because at lvl 64 summons he still one shots everything but golems.

etc etc. I'd much prefer things be "hard" or lake really "long" than literally impossible.

It's also really irritating on any boss that has more than a single target ability and crazy damage that i have to spend 5-6 minutes summoning a full army of 36 optimal summons with every buff i can manage and Battle order then and watch them drop dead to 1-2 aoe attacks from diablo, santa etc. Other classes can literally resurrect zerg a boss to death as long as they can do a little damage.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    Quality over quantity for sure because this game is old and my gtx titan x still drops to 5fps occasionally due to 39 summons lagging the game engine haha especially multiplayer with 4+ people lord help us when there is more than 1 summon necro.

+1 for somehow with end game gearing to pierce physical resist with summons theres so much content i can just stare at in futility.

I can't get trang true guise to try and help break physical immunity because physical immunity is in my way.

Can't kill diablo in time rift to get stronger summons because at lvl 64 summons he still one shots everything but golems.

etc etc. I'd much prefer things be "hard" or lake really "long" than literally impossible.

It's also really irritating on any boss that has more than a single target ability and crazy damage that i have to spend 5-6 minutes summoning a full army of 36 optimal summons with every buff i can manage and Battle order then and watch them drop dead to 1-2 aoe attacks from diablo, santa etc. Other classes can literally resurrect zerg a boss to death as long as they can do a little damage.
    that is why its recommended to play as a team. A paladin or sorcress for example, having the problem that they maybe would do enough damage but arent tanky enough or have no summons to tank for them.
    You will find those golemancer + damage dealer class(es) almost everywhere at the ladderstart or in the later crucible levels.

Its just not meant to "solo" everything. Thats actually possible with a few chars in really high endgamegears but still not the standart for every class.

If you manage to find someone (or play with 2 tabs) you can use your summoner to tank and some high damage class can fight the boss.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post

My suggestion would be to farm you gear using a poison necro build with summons support instead of a purely summons build. You can solo all of the content that you are struggling with that way. Every boss is or can be susceptable to poison with the lower resist curse.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

i dont care about time it takes to kill bosses i would happily sit there for 5 mins to kill a boss but what needs sorting is the ability to be one shotted, it is literaly killing HC. i understand its mainly a SC server but thought id add my point anyway. double the hp for all i care just lower the dmg. its not ment as a critasism. but god damn its frustrating lol. not being able to farm like you can in SC.you have no choice on HC to solo most of the time because people will not risk it for a simple one shot death. necros them selves are in a great place imo i get the slow kill spead for the reason you have stated summon nec is a tank pure and simple. but that means nothin when mobs tele on your head and one shot you . or cast a skill that you cant escape fast enough from efectivly one shotting you. i understand this is purely a HC biased opinion but hope it helps a little.
    Give the respect you expect.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    i dont care about time it takes to kill bosses i would happily sit there for 5 mins to kill a boss but what needs sorting is the ability to be one shotted, it is literaly killing HC. i understand its mainly a SC server but thought id add my point anyway. double the hp for all i care just lower the dmg. its not ment as a critasism. but god damn its frustrating lol. not being able to farm like you can in SC.you have no choice on HC to solo most of the time because people will not risk it for a simple one shot death. necros them selves are in a great place imo i get the slow kill spead for the reason you have stated summon nec is a tank pure and simple. but that means nothin when mobs tele on your head and one shot you . or cast a skill that you cant escape fast enough from efectivly one shotting you. i understand this is purely a HC biased opinion but hope it helps a little.
    The fundamental "imbalance" of the classes is actually what you are complaining. Monsters cast one shot mechanisms if you move an inch away from them. You either need to stick to them like a smiter or let minions do the face-tanking.

P.S: You can't kill some bosses in five or fifty minutes as a summoner necro. I am okay with it if other classes have the same issue but with smiter it takes me literally 50 seconds to kill the new boss from starting the game.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

I would suggest trying elemental revives from a2/a3 pits.

Gold

I tried other revives but it just doesn't work. I know ur gear is expensive aswell but I never said barbs are in a good position either. I just said since both of these builds are PURELY on one element, we both should be able to pierce physical with proper gear. My damage output will never be as much as yours anyway, you still got an edge. Surviving doesn't matter if there is no need for group activities and you can't kill stuff on your own.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    I tried other revives but it just doesn't work. I know ur gear is expensive aswell but I never said barbs are in a good position either. I just said since both of these builds are PURELY on one element, we both should be able to pierce physical with proper gear. My damage output will never be as much as yours anyway, you still got an edge. Surviving doesn't matter if there is no need for group activities and you can't kill stuff on your own.
    The only elemental druids have is cold damage. The tornado gives a little bit of physical damage, but no where near enough to kill a boss that was purely immuned to cold. The only way I could see to fix this issue was to magic find a lot cold cain jewels. Now I have -200+ Res cold on my druid alone, not counting LR or conviction aura.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

User Tag List