View Poll Results: How often should the ladder reset?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every 4-6 Months (This would mean a reset anyday now)

8 19.51%
  • Every 7-9 Months (This would mean a reset in the next 2 months)

8 19.51%
  • Every 10-12 Months (This would mean a reset around January)

25 60.98%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When would you like to see a ladder reset?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bigdaddywes

i think january would be most appropriate from the choices given. And the reason i believe this, there are many players who arent even close to being strong enough to clear Rlyeh yet. This mans that by the time they start getting pretty good and have a decent item stockpile the ladder will reset and they wont get to enjoy their character progression over ladder. I dont know just thinking jan would be best boss

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Forty

12 months is good,even though it's not that hard to hit 99 it's perfecting your gear that requires time especially for alt chars (pvp and pvm gear) just my 10cents

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

We need more people, No ladder resets for now!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Elk[HC]8

A reset would definitely attract more players as everyone would start anew

Gold
    Annihilus Account: itzswamp

Quote Originally Posted by Elk View Post
    A reset would definitely attract more players as everyone would start anew
    I do agree with this as well

Gold
    Annihilus Account: rastamun1234

Resets attract more people. Just the week or so I have been playing most the people I see playing normally are pretty much maxed on gear. Even though the rolls on their gear might not be perfect they pretty much have every item slot with top gear.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: fred

my shoe

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Crusade

This might be biased based upon my upcoming semi hiatus of the server, but I feel January would be good, though I'd still play if you reset today xD

Gold
    Annihilus Account: proph21

A reset would mean starting fresh. On vanilla realms, people love this. A fresh start, new beginnings, and being able to take their previous ladder items over to non ladder to mess up some people in PvP .

For this realm, I believe we need to allow the community to grow longer. If we reset too soon, a huge portion of the community still won't have anywhere near fully geared chars let alone PvP chars, which means it could end up in a split of the community. Some would think "I already donated/spend my gold on runes and I don't even have a fully geared smiter yet.. I am just going to stay on NL" while others may say "Thank god I was bored" or "I'm not geared anyways so I might as well move onto the new".

I am all for ladder resets ofc, especially if it will mean new ladder-only items. However, I feel we need a bigger baseline established in terms of community as well as people getting fully geared and starting to duel as well as be able to handle the end-game content better. That way, it will give motivation for players of all niches to play a ladder reset (they conquered non-ladder and are ready to explore new adventures and grab new spoils of war / they are bored / they are new anyways and its a ladder reset so what the hell / insert niche here).

User Tag List