Thread: GOLD VENDOR FIRST WEEK DISCUSSION THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I dont see much competitive at a ladder start. After 3 days the whole content is clear and some1 is posting proud the first cowset of the realm. On the next day you can buy it for a ridiculous amount of golddonation because he found most of his endgamegear already.

Oh and that has been the last ladder, where hadriel was disabled for roughly 6 days.

If you have the time, the team and the knowledge you dont need hadriel at all.
    I never bought gold in this server but made a lot of people buy gold for my stuff. At some point I had 30k+ gold but I used them for cosmetics and stuff.

I don't need Hadriel, but I still don't like the fact that some people will be ahead of others because they pay money. Takes away that bit of competition we have and trading is also diminished because people who start with better gear will reach end-game much faster.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    I never bought gold in this server but made a lot of people buy gold for my stuff. At some point I had 30k+ gold but I used them for cosmetics and stuff.

I don't need Hadriel, but I still don't like the fact that some people will be ahead of others because they pay money. Takes away that bit of competition we have and trading is also diminished because people who start with better gear will reach end-game much faster.
    The people who band together and race to 99 as a group always leave the individuals in the dust. No matter what advantages the individuals might have. There are also some builds right now that can farm inferno portals without even wearing gear This next reset will be interesting.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Ladder reset is so dumb.

All I hear people say is :

I want to play the game without access to any items and not being rushed.

Answer:

Just play the game, how it was intended, without being rushed. Your problem is solved.

No matter what the admins do, the rich will always get richer. There will never be a level playing field.

This game is not setup to have a ladder reset nor care about who gets to lvl 99 first.

This game is based around PVP, with leveling and gear making your character better in ththe PVP arena. There just never will be enough content / difficulty for this to be a PVM game, similar to Final Fantasy 11.

Make a PVP ladder and all th problems are solved.

The community is not large enough to support NL and ladder. Even in the community in vanilla D2, all ladder is is a MF haven. Then people play / PVP on NL and sell the good items they found on ladder, to NL when it rolls over.

ladder resets, especially with a minimal community size, lead to economy disruption and play decrease because no one is actually playing right now because people are just waiting for reset.

That is why no trades are happening and all the games available are just advertising their FT list to sel for gold.

Why is this so hard for people Understand?

Having a ladder reset is completely retarded.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Ladder reset is so dumb.

All I hear people say is :

I want to play the game without access to any items and not being rushed.

Answer:

Just play the game, how it was intended, without being rushed. Your problem is solved.

No matter what the admins do, the rich will always get richer. There will never be a level playing field.

This game is not setup to have a ladder reset nor care about who gets to lvl 99 first.

This game is based around PVP, with leveling and gear making your character better in ththe PVP arena. There just never will be enough content / difficulty for this to be a PVM game, similar to Final Fantasy 11.

Make a PVP ladder and all th problems are solved.

The community is not large enough to support NL and ladder. Even in the community in vanilla D2, all ladder is is a MF haven. Then people play / PVP on NL and sell the good items they found on ladder, to NL when it rolls over.

ladder resets, especially with a minimal community size, lead to economy disruption and play decrease because no one is actually playing right now because people are just waiting for reset.

That is why no trades are happening and all the games available are just advertising their FT list to sel for gold.

Why is this so hard for people Understand?

Having a ladder reset is completely retarded.
    Sadly people usually don't play the game normally unless their forced to, theirs a certain realness to doing it from scratch.
    Also sadly no one wants to play Non Ladder and also then that splits up the players even more.
    I could easily give another example similar to what you're saying, its the same thing as Hardcore.
    People could just play the same style as Hardcore but on Softcore and just never die on Softcore.
    It would be the exact same as Hardcore is, but people just prefer the realness of knowing if they die it's over.
    And if you're saying this server revolves around PVP that is just absurd, the least popular activity is PVP.
    Lack of PVP has always been one of the biggest problems about Diablo 2 in my opinion.
    And yeah the rich will always get richer, because they put effort into it and love the game and enjoy playing.
    What you're saying is basically like saying anyone who's rich in the world doesnt deserve to be even if they worked for it.
    Annihilus may be a game but it's not much different than real life, it's unfair and you dont always get what you want.
    There are plenty of things even I would like to change about this server, but It's not my choice and I accept that.

User Tag List