Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
I tend to agree with part of what you are saying. In the last ladder there were areas that felt progressively more difficult as you moved through the content. It was tough but fair. Like how the newer inferno areas in act 2, 3, and 5 were more difficult than the act 5 pits. The puzzle box maps were harder yet. This felt right as the rewards were appropriately greater as you moved along.

Now it seems like the difficulty has just been dialed up to eleven on top of an added MMO style boss mechanic to make solo play just that much harder if not impossible to the average player (not to mention new players). Now I'm not saying that people aren't adjusting to the changes. It just seems that the spirit of the game is shifting from the need to find more powerful gear in order to progress to the need to find the right group of people to group with.

I also remember Game saying that the difficulty needed to be increased because people were solo killing bosses too fast and were able to kill them in a couple seconds. That's fine and I agree but doesn't the introduction of insane weapons that do 30k+ damage, crap loads of new -res gear, and OP skills (that will soon have unlimited damage potential once the cap is raised) subvert any effort to balance that out?

I love the new content. I looks cool. I'm enjoying the new items and changes to older items. I finally have a use for the Acid Injector. Yippee. However, in a game where farming one area or one boss 5000+ times in order to find that specific item that you need to progress, increasing the difficulty of said content AND lowering drop rates feels more like punishment than a challenge. For instance: in the last ladder I did thousands upon thousands of Liche King runs before I found my first Frostmourne. I ended up finding three after all was said and done. It definitely wasn't rare enough then. I agree that boss specific items needed their drop rates adjusted but when you also make killing that boss take longer, it loses it's appeal. I think that you need to do one or the other. I also feel that increasing boss difficulty might have been neccesary to make items more valuable and hold their value in the long run but increasing overall difficulty might have been a bit over kill.

These are just my two cents. Take them for what they are worth which is probably not much. The only reason that I comment on things like this is that I represent your solo player base and sometimes it feels like we cater to the group players. Keep up the good work and thank you for the new shiny lootz
it is a balance there was alot of skill changes that help kill bosses quicker. I had no issue going through the steps in order to get to end game content. it takes time and effort, we dont need to be end game gear ready right away!! there is so many great drops in pits now that will get you to tackle lich king like last season!