Thread: Necromancer V3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Necromancer V3

Necromancer Summoner is decent now but is still no contest for the killing rate of literally any other class.

I'll make a suggestion for what should be changed, give my reasoning about why it's not perfect, and I'll explain what I think is the better option.

1) Amount of Summons and their power
    - Currently 12 max Warriors/Archers is still below half of the end-game summoners usual amount
    - This hurts end-game Summoners because 2x Damage does not have more value than 2.2x more amount of summons
    - Summoner needed more DPS overall but the 2x Damage was negated by removing 1/2 the summons

Suggestion:
    - Change Raise Skeleton to Raise Skeletal Warrior
    - Increase Warrior/Archer limit to 18 each, perhaps after skill level 50
    - Summoner might be perfect with the current 2x Damage but with 0.75 original amount of summons instead of the current 0.5

2) Revives
    - Frostmourne is the strongest weapon in-game right now because 10 Revives from any custom content (Plague, Inferno, etc) can Tank any boss for their full duration without all dying
    - 1 Revive can Tank Lichking @LordManhammer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bu9a9me6JM
    - Revive was buffed with the intention of having max of 1, so the same stats with max of 10 is overpowered

Suggestion:
    - Reduce Revives health by 35%-50% of total amount
    - Reduce Revive skill on Frostmourne to +1-5 instead of +5-10 to accommodate the new power of Revive mechanics

Note: It will still be the best summoned Tank option for Druid/Necro, even more Tanky than Clay Golem, also Druid summons recently got health buffed.

3a) Summoner Body Armor
    - There is no Body Armor tailored to the specific needs of Druid/Necro Summoners
    - Necro Summoner needs FCR, Teleport(so we don't lose summons), Skill points, Regenerate Mana, Cast on Striking and any kind of support Aura
    - The starter Trang'Oul set is the BEST Summoner gear until you reach mostly full end-game items, largely due to all the Skeletal Power from the Set bonus

3b) Trang'Oul Set vs End-Game
    - Warmonger Dodge is not needed with instant skeleton warrior revives. The 25 Concentration aura can be replaced with Mercenary Focus runeword for 10 Concentration since Summons have plenty of health/Life steal they don't need Bargain helm.
    - 10 Revives is all the Tanks you need so Shrieking Lich is no longer as good as Corrupt Shako
    - Trang'Oul Body Armor is tied with Elder of Tristram
    - Trang'Oul gloves/belt match Scourgelord and Purifying Flame
    - Trang'Oul gives 10 more Skeletal Power

Add all this up and it seems Trang'Oul Set is superior if not tied to end-game gear, and is 10% the cost to purchase/find.

Suggestion:
    Make body armor that benefits summoned allies, sacrificing player damage/stats for more summoned damage/survival.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-19-2016 at 01:42 PM.

User Tag List