Quote Originally Posted by x42 View Post
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to announce to us the impending developments of Annihilus, and I am not sure that I speak from the community as a whole or maybe even from myself. I also want to thank Firehawk for being a part of the creation of the content.

I'd like to touch base on one point of subject, however - as one professional to another. I am a little bit concerned about the burnout that is being spoken of, it seems to me that it's coming from both of our leaders here. I myself have donated to Annihilus quite a bit and so have others, because I want to support you, the server and the other players - and to see it grow. What this means to me and I 'm sure the rest is that we hope to see that monetary compensation should provide some relief to the burnout, I don't for one believe that this is your source of income or anyone else's but it would seem to me that it would help drive you a little bit to press for additional time to denote to this. I would ask yourself and your team, "How can we prevent the burnout? How do we gather more support?" There are users on this server that are also partial to the modding community and could be viable assets towards the continuous succession of this server. This place has been fantastic and I look forward to supporting it and playing alongside everyone else, have a new year!
We appreciate the kind words! Truthfully, we both really love modding the game and seeing the game we have in our heads slowly becoming reality, we just completely over did it. We would go quite literally days without really sleeping because we were on such a roll and as soon as we'd check one thing off of our list, it would just be right on to the next thing, often times even adding new things to the list as new ideas come to us. It was really our fault for not managing our burnout, we let it get to the point where it would cause some severe migraines or other issues to even get started on it for the day. We've had some time to relax our brains and work on it at a bit more realistic pace now, and we've also got a couple people helping out with some minor things which is also nice.

People buying forum gold or donating to the server does help a lot, and of course we are human, so seeing donations does help keep the motivation up. In fact any type of support in general really keeps us going. Whether it is a money donation, or just words of encouragement like yours, it really does help us keep the ball rolling.

Oh and indeed, Firehawk has been completely invaluable since coming on board back in 2017. We've become good friends since then, and we'd be lost without him. Thanks again for posting!