Hi,

This is a suggestion to change merc's. I've only been playing on the server for about 2 hours but so far the thing I would most like to see, is the ability to equip merc's with more gear.

My Suggestion: Allow Mercenaries to be able to be equipped with all gear pieces, eg not only weapons armor helmet, but also gloves, boots, belt, rings, amulet, and whatever i'm not thinking of.

Not sure exactly how this would effect balance as some characters rely more heavily on merc than others.

This would allow much more customization of characters including the gear the character can wear if the merc is able to fill a certain role. They would now be able to have a range of sets equipped for them (maybe even make a merc specific set?) which would make them much more useful than just being an aura bitch.

Another possibility for this would be for summoning characters, eg a summon necro or druid with a ton of summons could have an act1 merc to shoot and do damage while teleing around having the minions take the brunt of the hits, and the merc able to do enough damage to effectively keep up with other classes.

I can see straight away some balance issues with this so it might need to have certain restrictions, eg a max of 2 auras, or particular bonus not working on merc's, or maybe a damage buff as they usually don't do much other than take hits, provide auras, and cc.

Open to suggestions of course, as this is only a suggestion from an experienced player, but complete noob to the server (haven't even finished normal yet let alone endgame content).

I thought it might be funny to add this comparison: This suggestion is kind of like starting with a long word as the first word of scrabble, it opens the game up to much more theory crafting and possibilities.