Thread: My list of balansing -_-

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

My list of balansing -_-

Sry for bad english ;/
    Maybe I forgot some, will add later

Global:

- Remove exp gain and rushing via spectator mode. Cuts major game expiriense, fun and exploring new world for new players. Ideally, there is should be option to make "mule" type char lvl1 who can join to hell difficulty games, but cant gain exp.
    - Maybe possible to make elixir, which makes your char rushed to hell. Can be bought only with 95+ lvl ladder char or used only if u have 95+ lvl ladder char on same account (something like that). It will be good for new players, they will need to play with first char anyway normally with maybe other new players , getting fun leveling and exploring new content. After getting enough high lvl and clue how to play, they can make other chars and rush them with exlixir. Cant be abused with ladder reset. Price shouldn't be so high and maybe possible to make it with cube like orb of transmog. This thing is viable only if rushing and lvling via spectator mode is turned off.
    - Lower uniques & sets drop rate for all inferno zones (act5 portals, ryleh, inf cow, tristram, new zones), droprates should be like in inferno portals 1.13 annihilus patch http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7422. Uniques have to be uniques.
    - Slighly increase strength of all hell mode non-inferno mobs
    - Plaguelands for some reason has big chance to drop puzzle boxes/keys, compared to other infernal and more difficult areas. It makes plaguelands the best place to farm rares/boxes.Also need to lower items lvl to ~85(it will make real inferno zones more rewardable for rares)
    - Remove guaranteed dl item from ryleh cache chests, make it random or replace with divine gems. Open with altar - guaranteed divine only. Open with key - guaranteed divine gem and small chance to get dl item + random item/rune. Reduce price for key to 75gold.
    - Make possible to craft all type of items (not only Armet for blood helm for example), possible to use rare items aswell for craft material.
    - Slightly reduce highrunes droprate.
    - Slightly reduce/rescale searing light dmg.
    - Rescale shield throw dmg. Too much high dmg since level 1.
    - Built-in maphack shouldn't work in new content maps

Mobs/bosses:

- Reduce dmg of kaalut's acid rain skill. If it hits you, u lose all your hp instantly, no matter how much lower curse duration/psn res/lpd you have.
    - Scourge ghosts from plaguelands are too strong compared to other mobs. Bone spirit dmg should be lowered. Also melee chars have big problems with hitting them. No matter how much attack rating you have, they block almost all your hits, not sure if it bug.
    - Reduce lvl10 crucible boss fire meteors dmg. Too high dmg compared to lvl 15 or even 20 bosses.
    - Lich king's sindragora is still too strong. He casts it too often, and damage is SO fucking big.
    - Replace summoner's fire wall skill to something else or remove it.
    - Reduce searing light dmg of icy cellar inferno mobs.

Items:

- Thunderfury has to be nerfed obviously. I'd say to remove holy shock aura from it and make light mastery only lvl 1.
    - Nephalems birthright - reduce class skill bonus to 1
    - Corrupted shako - remove curse immunity , lower dr to 10%
    - Corrupted ss - 2sockets and +2 skills.
    - Remake sindragora ctc from frostmourne. It still so fucking annoying. I'd remove it , the sword is already strong. Reduce holy freeze aura to lvl 15-20.
    - Remove mark of the twins ctc from hysteria gloves. Really, gloves are super strong already. That skill makes big lags, fill screen with visual effect and makes all invisible when you are under fire wall. less stupid visual effects - better. Also for pvp balansing.
    - Remove psionic storm ctc from nephalem's birth. Too high dmg, mostly for pvp balansing.
    - Remove slower missiles ctc from emblem of erydrem. Obviously for pvp balansing.
    - Remove crucify ctc from paladin prime charm or remake visual effect. Make mass lags.
    - Replace frostfire's lower resist ctc to +1 to lower resist. It will make ff zon viable companion for melee chars.
    - Heart of shadow rw has to be nerfed. With so high cb/stats/+dmg and even amp and easy way to get, it makes other weapons trash (exept some high end ones). I'd remove crushing blow for example.
    - Cow set still has to be nerfed. I'd lower vita per mf bonus from helm. Also remove cow form skill and cow apocalipse ctc. Mostly for pvp balasing.
    - Alkor's charm has to be remade. For pvm its okay, but for pvp, acid ainject and doll ctc are so fgucking annoying.
    - Full ctulhu set - game is unplayable with it. Remove full set visual effect or remake it.
    - Decrease damage from enchantements (fire/cold/psn/light/magic) to 5% .
    - Wisp projector - replace light sorc skill to all lightning skills.
    Last edited by Lampogriz; 05-27-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

why not just account shared stash. removes the need to even have a mule when you can have xx pages of stash, no?

A lot of these are already in place for the ladder reset patch, but thanks for awesome input. Also the PvP Balancing will not be put into the actual patch, as we have other plans to make "pvp mode" games in the future with a separate patch for PvP balancing.

I have plans to really change the endgame item curve and progression, and I see you touched on some of that here. I think people will be pretty pleased.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Why are you talking about pvp balancing for the pvm server, Lampo? You guys wanted D2PK and now you have it. Its virtually impossible to balance a game like this for both pvp and pvm at the same time.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Why are you talking about pvp balancing for the pvm server, Lampo? You guys wanted D2PK and now you have it. Its virtually impossible to balance a game like this for both pvp and pvm at the same time.
    I didn't want d2pk, pvp was fine before new overpowered items added.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    I didn't want d2pk, pvp was fine before new overpowered items added.
    Haha IMO PvP was NOT fine. It isn't so much the items, but the new skills that need pvp balancing. There is no way to do that without making the skills suck in PvM. We are working on other ways of balancing PvP right now, so PvP suggestions are currently unneeded as they probably wouldn't make any sense with what we are currently working on.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

I'll be honest and say I'm a bit surprised at a lot of the suggestions you made considering a lot of your other comments you've made. Most of them except regarding those listed under Items and probably lowering the drop rate for high runes and uniques and set items (I'm sort of iffy on this) are pretty good. In particular,

1) Can't agree more on the effects made by certain items such as Frostmourne, hysteria, etc. In general, all of the effects seem to be pretty annoying. I'd either wish they were removed or made OP but have a very rare chance of occurring (i.e no more, and I repeat no more, than 10 if not 5%).

2) Agreed on all points listed under monsters although I'm not so sure on the Summoner's fire wall skill. I take it is Inferno Summoners that bother you the most about this right? In that case, I'd understand.

3) Definitely agree on farming in the plaguelands. It seems like the place people prefer to farm now since the last patch.

4) That's an interesting suggestion regarding caches but won't you be concerned that divine gems would be too easy to get then (note: I could probably get behind this as compensation for the drop rate of high runes being a bit harder)?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

Lot of good stuff here.
    I d like to point one thing: think of how will be the eco when u make changes.
    Hrs would be great as trading money, but who uses runes? i mean ofc all ppl use some, but no one want to get some in trade vs usefull items... and its totaly understandable, we all have HRS... they are so easy to find for the number we are using. Some ppl came to play in january, they had 30+ hrs in 2 weeks. Thats not really what we want do we ? ;(
    Runes are getting more and more useless: divine gems + facets + dragonslayer + horadrim jewel+ rare jewels makes it harder to wanna use runes in sockets.
    Ganesh, guardian, heart of shadow and banish are usable, malevolent and infi are less needed with new immunities system, vanilla RW are more or less non needed. In the end, in a ladder, u make few RW, use some runes for enchant recipes, sometimes for sockets, but thats it, Hrs arent rare enough and not that usefull, therefor they cant be used in trade, coz if i am at the point i can trade a ff / cow set / TF, why would i need hrs, i surely can get enough by myself.

User Tag List