Thread: List of suggestions and recommendations regarding enchantments

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

List of suggestions and recommendations regarding enchantments

Just wanted to put it out there in case there is some chance the following will at least be considered. I do know and understand that some of the fixes are probably in and that I will probably be repeating myself here, but I wanted to get as what I'd like to see out of the way. Also be aware you'll be seeing walls of text. I get a bit carried away, but I'll try to be as concise and clear as I can. For now the following series will deal with enchantments

1) If it's possible (and from what I've heard, that is a big if), can we at least see some drop rate hierarchy for enchantment scrolls like we do with runes to an extent where say a level 1 enchantment isn't to hard to find but a level 5 enchantment is pretty difficult to find?

2) Increase (if feasible) the chance of getting level 1 and 2 enchantment scrolls at least (maybe there could be a specific new game area that does this or killing one of the bosses during an uber run can guarantee that at least one of such drops?), but, and I admit one person did have a point to an extent regarding this consequence, beware of enchantment re-rolling. My own personal recommendation would be that a level 1 enchantment scroll (or possibly any scroll) can't be re-rolled to anything higher than its own level, or in other words, 3 can't be frozen scrolls will not under any circumstance give you a 10% extra lightning damage if re-rolled.

3) Please add a few more other enchantment scrolls. I'm sure you guys have already heard this and thought about it already. On top of my head, I recommend the following additional ones:

a) 1 to extra shadow master (in a similar vein to having an extra Valkyrie, spirit, and golem)
    b) (#)% enhanced damage or lower physical resistance and/or defense
    c) 1 to teleport (recommend such be at least lvl 5 and such should require a particular valuable item to be sacrificed)
    d) prevent monster heal (I do understand a mal rune and certain items can cover this)
    e) # to some kind of aura (perhaps defiance just for added defense or vigor just to be able to move a bit faster?)
    f) #% increased defense (probably not worthwhile in the long run, but I thought of throwing the idea out there).
    g) 1 to extra number of traps?
    h) add knockback

4) I recommend the following enchantment scrolls be modded or done away with for reasons that should be obvious

A)The Scroll of Blood

Not worthwhile for almost all builds as it stands now considering:

a) that the Summoner Druid has murder of crows,
    b) the Were-druid can count on hunger and feral rage (for were-wolfs of course) both of which replenishes a lot of health,
    c) the Necromancer could use life tap if need be not that the necromancer should be putting themselves so close to the front if you know what I mean (same idea applies to sorceresses and bowzons as well),
    d) the Barbarian (or even the were-bear druid) will likely have so much HP that 35 extra hp per hit is pretty much meaningless to them,
    e) the paladin can always rely on prayer or redemption (the latter only really being with slain enemies of course and not bosses),
    f) a perfect or divine skull, amn rune, or any life steal equipment will likely cover any need for what this scroll offers,
    g) The Amazon, Barbarian, and Paladin prime sphere's all have the same trait thus reducing the need for such (also consider the barbarian sphere has stun thus reducing the need of gaining health back at least against mobs of monsters since they'll be stunned),
    h) who would want to waste their time sacrificing both a divine skull and Diablo's soulstone just to use this (assuming you can even find the scroll in the first place) never mind such is a level 4 enchantment,
    i) and finally in the end of the day there are such things as rejuvenations potions let alone regular potions.

Suggestion(s): Lower the level of the enchantment and/or make the life per hit higher and reduce the item(s) necessary to obtain the effect (maybe an amn rune or p or divine skull or one of each and maybe something more manageable to find).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Gold

B) Scroll of the Old One...

While I won't deny being immune to curses is never a bad thing, the cost of being so is too high to be of any worth never mind also that I think it's fair to say builds which tend to get up close and personal with monsters will be far more interested in being immune to curses than other builds. We should also consider, that curses aren't really that much of a problem to deal with except for strong bosses and mobs of enemies making the need for such less desirable.

Suggestion(s) : To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. Certainly it would be utterly foolish to sacrifice the Book of the Abyss for such, so that much should be changed. Perhaps the necessary sacrifice could be a special item Cthulhu drops or part or all of the Cthulhu set (after all it is the Scroll of the Old One)?

Gold

C) Scroll of Massive Life

Also doesn't seem worthwhile considering the level of the enchantment and considering you will only be able to use it at best twice, so that's an extra 600 hp vs. say reducing damage by 20% and having space for a 2 level enchant on your weapon and a 4 level enchantment on your armor (which leaves room for another 10% damage reduction). It doesn't seem like a good deal as it stands and considering all the other options available that could be pursued (i.e. adding jah runes for health if possible).

Suggestion(s): Perhaps such should both be buffed to 500 and reduced to level 4 to be more tempting (or perhaps since that seems a bit too lenient reduced such to 250 but keep it at level 4). Another consideration could be to make it a bit similar to the scroll of massive mana where such could have a health regeneration percentage.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 04:30 PM.

I am going to bed so I do not have time to make a big lengthy post, but I am just going to give you a heads up that the 3 enchantment scrolls you recommend removing due to not being good are probably 3 of the best enchantments there are (aside from the amazing +% elemental damage ones of course). Life Per Hit is AMAZING, it is much better than lifesteal as lifesteal is diminished vs a lot of different monsters, and also its penalized in Hell as well. Life Per Hit will always grant the full amount. Barbarians for example can whirlwind once and hit a group of monsters about 10-20 times, now multiple that by 35. That is a LOT of healing.

The Old One scroll is quite expensive I will give you that, but curse immune is one of the best mods in the game. The cost may be modified though.

Massive Life is very strong, buffing it wouldn't be a good idea It is a flat 300 life, so it benefits from max hp% buffs / BO, unlike some of the other life mods. This enchantment is often wanted.

Gold

I'm not so sure about the scroll of blood still for all the reasons I listed though I have to admit I didn't take in the fact that all the hits you could make would add up to a decent amount of life given back via a whirlwind Barbarian not including everything else, and I'm sure the bowzon could benefit a lot even though that build is meant to stay away from danger. Maybe it could be reduced by a level. There's also the cost to consider as well. I'll edit the previous response a bit on that and also point out that the Amazon, Barbarian, and Paladin prime spheres exist as well thus further reducing the incentive of having such.

I did consider the extra buffs (i.e. BO and oak sage) with the massive life scroll. Just want to point out that I did give a 2nd consideration that reduced the level and total hp added so it's not that buffed.

Also want to say, I'm not really for getting rid of such as opposed to making using such scrolls more enticing to use.

PS: Not that you would, but don't let me hold you up from sleeping.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

disagree with 35lph and 300hp chants, they are very strong, no need to do anything with it
    maybe change cost for scroll of old one, because nobody use it with that cost
    agree with prevent heal mod ench, missing it

Gold

Just remembered. The corrupted shako has curse immunity as well making the Scroll of the Old One even less enticing to use.

I thought I'd never say this, but I would have to agree with Lampo that that trait probably should be removed otherwise there isn't much point of the above scroll.

Gold

Also going to say, I still don't get the value for both the Scroll of Blood and the Scroll of Massive Life at least in the long run. If you guys mean to suggest that such would be pretty good to use by players in the meantime while grinding through end-game content (short of say the Dreamlands, Crucible, and the Worldstone event) while stocking up on say more preferable enchantment scrolls to use later, then I think I would agree with you, but last I've checked I haven't seen any person ever ask or use either scrolls for pretty much all the reasons stated above which is why I think they should be modded.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

I used several scrolls of life per hit, was a real "quest" to get diablo's soulstones and skulls. If strong enchants get lower ingredients, its lame imo. We have to get some HARD things to do...
    The immune to curse is just too high of a price though, BUT i wouldnt say u have to remove corr shako's immune to curse mod. D2 is a game where itemization usually comes with CHOICES. Dont tell me u r gonna use a corr shako on ALL chars?!

In D2 i loved that i must put this or that item because of breakpoints, more hp need, more dmg need etc.
    I think going in a "simplification" of itemization by enchants is kinda boring AND its really boring to test a char, build it, try it, and tell youself: "well MAYBE it could be viable with full enchants", but how would i try to do that, as enchants can be rare and expensive, and if it doesnt work in the end, i cant get back my enchants, nor my components, nor clean the items i used but by using orb of trans (which would fck the roll and make the item not worth of enchanting when it obv was)... And thats just for builds testing.
    That was my first ladder, but it appears clearly that u cant do 2 chars of the same element, or u have to swap items, which i dont like, i like my chars ready!
    So if i want a lightning sorc and a java, i am just screwed or i need find like 25 light enchant? We arent 5000 players, we cant get enough enchants to build 2 chars of the same element.
    At some point 10% dmg enchants are SO rare, coz all ppl want them on pretty much all non phys build...

Gold

Additional Scrolls

i) make item ethereal

User Tag List