Thread: New game experiment

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

New game experiment

Hey guys, I just wanted to wonder if any of you all would like to participate in a small experiment perhaps set on the weekend which I trust most of you may be online then. The basic idea is just to test how long it may take to get through the regular game without anyone helping to rush or people using end-game items in anticipation of the ladder reset.

Give me a heads up if you are interested. I will personally try to bring in a necromancer or javazon into the fold fyi.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I did it in HC in few hours farming normal cows from lvl 25-60 and then hell cows from 60-87. The mind numbing run through of act1-act5 for each difficulty is what takes up the most time.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Qwazym

i did normal in about 2 hours from level 1 to beating Baal with no prior gear. id say about 8 hours to beat hell Baal. this was solo on a raven druid.

Gold

I take it that was by yourself right LordmanHammer? What build did you use and did you give yourself any items while doing that (i.e. this was pretty much completely fresh right)?

Also from what I hear, the trudge through the difficulties will take the longest. That doesn't surprise me. I just haven't done any of the trudging in a very long time. On another note, it would be recommended to slug out as fast as possible through each difficulty but then farm a bit of cows on each difficulty in preparation of the next? That sounds like the impression you're making.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Qwazym View Post
    i did normal in about 2 hours from level 1 to beating Baal with no prior gear. id say about 8 hours to beat hell Baal. this was solo on a raven druid.
    Hmm. That's not as bad as I feared. I wonder what the record is solo or in a party?

Gold

If you are there for the initial ladder reset, it's no big deal at all. Last time I think there were about 40 of us in one game and it took about an hour to get to lvl 60ish. The server is way more stable now compared to what it was then. It'll be fun

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    I take it that was by yourself right LordmanHammer? What build did you use and did you give yourself any items while doing that (i.e. this was pretty much completely fresh right)?

Also from what I hear, the trudge through the difficulties will take the longest. That doesn't surprise me. I just haven't done any of the trudging in a very long time. On another note, it would be recommended to slug out as fast as possible through each difficulty but then farm a bit of cows on each difficulty in preparation of the next? That sounds like the impression you're making.
    That was my first run through in Hardcore on this server using a shield throw Barb. I also wanted to know how long it would take and figured HC would be the purest way to do it with no temptation to use gear from another toon I should clarify that this was my first HC character of ANY kind on this server.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    That was my first run through in Hardcore on this server using a shield throw Barb. I also wanted to know how long it would take and figured HC would be the purest way to do it with no temptation to use gear from another toon I should clarify that this was my first HC character of ANY kind on this server.
    Alright. Thanks for the input. I have a lot less worries now.

User Tag List