Thread: Rune cost to farm certain areas

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

Rune cost to farm certain areas

Playing Anni for a couple months, it's quite apparent that runes are good for trading, hoarding, and maybe throwing in a few sockets. This observation is fairly obvious, but mostly runes seem to be hoarded but not traded as no one wants them, but items instead.

So I was toying with the idea to have certain areas require runes to get in. For example;

Worldstone event: the crystals and an ohm rune to fight rezarfg or w/e

Blue organs + ist
    Cow organs + gul

Sitches drop his ear and cube with mal to open lich

Uber key set + um (3 ums to get all 3 organs)

4 zod to reroll anni or torch maybe?

The idea is to make runes necessary to get better items and increase their value, even if it is just for mid runes.

Discuss below but try and keep comments constructive and free of belittling language.

There's always new things we can do with runes, but I don't think adding them to pre-existing recipes is the way to go. I think new recipes can be considered though, and there will likely be some in the next patch! I'd like to hear people's ideas.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Hmm. Interesting ideas and good intent.

I like the 4 zod to re-roll a torch or annihilus charm.

Perhaps you could have it that using enchantments requires more (in terms of number) runes?

Also could require runes be needed in order to use a token to reset stats and skills
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-13-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Like Game said, I think new recipes would definitely be the way to go. The ability to re-roll an anni charm or torch with runes sounds good though. I mean you've already done the work to get the charm. The new tweaks to Druids and Assasins might make their respective class charms worth holding on to for trade now so this might not be necessary. I think I have six torches that nobody wants so they sit in my inventory gathering dust
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 05-13-2016 at 07:49 PM.

User Tag List