Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffing certain items

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Yeah, I was going to make a note somewhere to be aware of making such a bit op for a fireclaw druid. It probably would be best just to make such good for both I suppose.

I suppose if you wanted a weapon for both

1) Yes make it have 3 sockets
    2) Yes make it 3 to all skills instead
    3) Change the CTC to the enchant like CTC found in Frostfire.

Still not sure on AR.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-27-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

It won't be OP for a fireclaw druid. I mean the damage is great, but when you are using a 2hander vs bosses the damage you receive is to much in comparison of using a shield to block with.
    I agree to buff some current uniques / sets, but 2handers need some kind of major buff, like making them have loads of defensive stats or chance to avoid attack/spell on them. (Would love to see Ribcracker buffed, such a cool weapon!)

Gold

4) The Druid Abyss Sphere vs. Full moon?

Alright, I guess we'll do something a bit different from the original discussion. So the consideration I had in mind with both these items is that I think some things out to be swapped, replaced, and removed. Essentially the Druid Abyss Sphere ought to lose the extra cold damage and points toward tornado with the understanding that the next patch should make up the deficit left behind and then some (Note: In my opinion all Abyss Spheres ought to be homogenized so as to not necessarily favor one build for one class over another).

What to replace it with though I'm not exactly sure. The first thing that came to mind was if the extra spirit modifier for full moon was transferred to the Abyss Sphere, and then that modifier on full moon would be replaced with something else say extra damage, lower enemy physical resistance, more damage reduction, more points to say Lycanthropy, etc. Then again, I don't find 1 extra spirit (especially of the same type) useful at all (probably because of the aura stacking issue), and I doubt the Spirit of Barbs would be useful the elemental Druid. Perhaps that spirit should give a defense and damage reduction (like the bulwark aura with perhaps a base of 5 to 10% and a high drop off from there dependent on say ever 5 points to the spirit for an additional percentage to damage reduction) bonus instead? What do you guys make of all this especially given the promised buffs to the Druid? I think its fair to expect the charm will change, but how so is another matter.

I'd also add one other thing related to the Fullmoon helmet, and that is the splash damage modifier with it. Is that really necessary since you would think most physical builds would use Steelrend for extra damage, strength, crushing blow and splash damage. I understand that with the Fullmoon helmet, you could then go for Hysteria for example in exchange for massive life steal even though 1) you're a shapeshifting druid anyway and you can just use either feral rage or hunger for life steal and 2) the helmet already has some life steal anyway (not that more could hurt). Would you all recommend the modifier stay to make room for hysteria, or replaced with something else and if so what?

Note: I am aware that the above would essentially erase the need to have the extra spirit scroll, although in my opinion the fullmoon helmet saw to that already. I haven't seen anyone add an additional spirit to any other helmet (granted you don't see a lot of Druids anyway).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-28-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Gold

5) Magic enchantments and Death's Advance

General context

So I've been trying out the searing light (and before the blessed hammer) paladin, and they both seem alright certainly so with regular cows. I have some of the best items such should have (Divinity Gauntlets, Shrieking Lich with almost max magic damage, heaven's champion, all unique charms minus the Book of the Abyss, and most importantly Khalim's Hope), a horadric magic jewel on my weapon and I can probably put some paladin +1 skill enchantments and 10% magic damage enchantments on me as well, but I find such still lacking especially with regard to Searing light. This lead me to wonder if at least in terms of items, if magic enchantment scrolls ought to be reduced to a level 2 enchantment instead of a level 3, but I suspect that such probably might make at least the Blessed Hammer Paladin op (leaving the possible only other recourse to buff searing light perhaps). What do you guys make of this who has any experience with either of these two builds (also try to keep the Bone Necromancer in mind too)?

Additionally I've been wondering if Death's Advance also could receive a lower magic resistance modifier as well.

Also realized there's the Book of the Abyss which I think is missing magic skill damage.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 06-04-2016 at 08:41 PM.

User Tag List