Thread: Reset Level Token

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Apocalypse6

Reset Level Token

I remembered that once in the past I played a game that you could reset your levels infinitely, MUOnline. The game was very boring, but what kept people playing was the fact they could play forever, and level up forever.

But resetting entirely on Anni would be insane, so, after seeing d2pk tokens I came up with an idea:

A token sold by hadriel (for gold or for free), that requires lvl 99 to use and resets the level to 98, and experience to lvl ZERO, so the player can get that last level more times, as long as the player farms that 3.5 bi exp from scratch again.

If it's still too easy, it could set an invisible negative exp% bonus to the character.

What is the point of it though? I'm a little lost here!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

...what Game said. I don't get it. You might as well allow yourself to die multiple times if you wanted to avoided getting to level 99.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

lol

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Id prefer Paragon levels Makes the grind endless

Gold

Sorry, I'll explain better:

The only two variables that the token would affect would be the LEVEL and the EXPERIENCE, not stats or skills, so the player could get to lvl 99 infinite times, thats exactly a way around to make paragon in d2

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

But it needs to have a reward no? Otherwise why would people want to reset?
    Thats what makes the paragon a extra show off! Would be nice to implent a Paragon Ladder along with it, so there will allways be competition!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    But it needs to have a reward no? Otherwise why would people want to reset?
    Thats what makes the paragon a extra show off! Would be nice to implent a Paragon Ladder along with it, so there will allways be competition!
    yeah Mephisto, that's what I'm trying to explain, lets say, without questing, you have 98 skills to spend at lvl 99, after you reset your level to lvl 98, you'll be able to get +1 skill and +5 stats, and then again, and again, and again... and to balance how it's done, its all about setting penalties to exp on each reset, with a char variable, not boolean as in d2pk potion checkers, but an overall exp 0 < multiplier < 1

edit: and about a paragon ladder, we could use the standart and hc standart ladders to do so, but that would mess up with pvpgn, which is probably not in the field of editable things, yet we could still use a site to follow that ladder, if the dev team can make gold answer to an external database, i bet they can access the reset counter too
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-03-2016 at 03:07 PM.

User Tag List