I mean I could see ppl paying for VIP for literally just a colored name in chat, but I don't think the forum/community is big enough to warrant a VIP forum. I mean, it's not to say he wouldn't make one, it's just that even if he did I doubt it would be active at all. That, and unless all you want from the VIP forum is better support for VIPs, it'd literally do nothing but split up the General Discussion board posters into 2 subforums: "General Discussion board for elitists" and "General Discussion."

Aside from that, having VIP give gold per day is pretty pointless when you can already buy gold, and if you make $5 in gold per month with a VIP sub you can bet VIP will cost well more than $5 monthly, so you may as well just buy the gold you want. Something like slightly reduced vendor prices isn't good either because then it makes the game look P2W.

Point is, if you want a VIP subscription to exist, removing ads + giving cosmetic effects are the only benefits that are realistic. That said, I'd pay for it.