Thread: Boss Tips

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Boss Tips

I think I already made a thread similar to this (or a post), but I thought it best to start the thread/post again. I'll do separate posts on most end-game bosses (will exclude uber bosses since they're neither that much of a problem nor have any particular new skills to watch out for).

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Ctoggha

I recently thought this boss was the worst boss of all the end-game bosses (well I still think that is the case anyway), but now I've started to notice a pattern about him that I wish I realized before. In particular you must (I repeat must) watch out for least two particular attacks which can be pretty easily avoided (usually).

In the first case, you'll notice the boss "throw a blue star" at or around you (I think it looks like one of the symbols you see by the Summoner in act 2). Whatever you do, stay away from that star. At 800 x 600 resolution you should be about 1/4 to 1/3 screen distance away from that star if you don't want to be killed by the electric attack it causes. Be aware though that I think the attack can be a bit bugged/unpredictable, that is, that sometimes you can see the star by you for a second before it activates even if you're by it. Other times I think it can be automatic and instantly kill you (usually when this happens you may not even get a chance to see the attack even happen thus it feels like an instant kill). I'd also note that it seems to activate more quickly if two people are by each other with that star around so if you're with a friend, try to keep your distance from each other if you can.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 06-22-2016 at 06:36 PM.

User Tag List