Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dying Against New Added Content Is Annoying

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Wouldn't a physical smiter be more effective against most bosses? I can see using a light zealer vs Mappo but other than that, I'd stick with Zeal for trash mobs and Smite for the boss. All bosses have a 50% chance to dodge attacks that is calculated separate from the chance to hit formula which is going to make a low attack rating zealer feel even more like garbage vs bosses.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Its so funny how this exact same thread is basically repeated every other month. I expect it to be to 9 pages long by the next time I check it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Well what Lampo just suggested is far from easy to get, which is part of my problem.
    Why should every character have to be completely perfect, just to stand a chance against added content.
    This is the problem itself, I don't agree with the content being so hard that it's a must to be godly.
    Not everyone is capable of getting all those good items, not everyone has that much time.

And to answer Lord, I've just always liked a zealer better, and I've never liked smiters.
    I shouldnt have to choose smite, because zeal should be good enough, like it always has been.

But like I said before, you guys could suggest anything and it still wouldnt be good enough.
    Because no matter what I wear on any character, it comes right down to the added content is just too powerful.

I appreciate the help everyone's tried to give me, and I hate to be the guy who complains about this stuff.
    But I wont have a good place to play Diablo 2 if this isn't changed, and I cant deal with it the way that it is.
    I've tried to accept that this is just the way this realm is, but its just not for me, I cant play here the way things are.

Edit: And as for rrra's comment, it's really not funny at all.
    Like I said, I'm not the only one who feels this way, because this type of post is an ongoing thing.
    Im sure a lot of people enjoy the realm the way it is, but that's what that bunch of people enjoy.
    There's an entire other bunch of people who want something different that annihilus isnt offering.
    Im aware that nothing will get changed no matter what I say, I just figured I'd voice my opinion.
    Last edited by Savior; 07-26-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Wait what? You shouldn't have to choose smite? You already have points in smite. It's a prerequisite for Holy Shield. It's as easy as pressing a button on your keyboard and switching skills. You might even have to swap a couple pieces of gear. Oh no!!! If you aren't willing utilize every utility that your character has to offer than nothing anyone says to you is going to work. It really just sounds like you paid to win by buying that Thunderfury with gold and are now butthurt because it isn't as powerful as you thought it would or should be. Which IS funny

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

If you want to make one character with one skill setup and one gear setup that will never die and can clear all the content, you are playing the wrong private server.

That WILL NEVER happen here. If that was possible, everyone would make that one character, beat all the content and then never play again until we reset ladder. The point of having to build multiple characters is to increase the longevity of each ladder.

Also, I personally have received far more complaints that the game is too easy, not too hard.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Im just comparing Annihilus to Normal Diablo 2.
    On normal D2 I've used a zealer to kill everything with no problem.
    On Annihilus not only can a zealer not survive, but not even one of the characters can survive.

Everyone seems to be confusing what I've been saying from the beginning.
    My problem is simply, on this realm, dying is a must, and that isnt what diablo 2 is supposed to be like to me.
    I've played diablo 2 for aslong as its existed, and never did I ever die as much as I have on annihilus.
    It's a drastic change from the original game, which is a change that I myself do not like.

Noone would be happy if their favorite game all of a sudden had a huge change that wasnt in their favor or to their liking.
    Like I said, maybe you guys enjoy dying all day everyday, but I dont, and I dont see why any of you enjoy it.

Edit: I have no problem with thunderfury, it's powerful, infact I'm glad they made it weaker.
    My beef is with how easy it is to die on this realm, it makes no sense to me that it's this hard.
    It shouldnt be this hard to survive, It just sucks the fun right out of the game in my opinion.
    I hate clicking all my potions into my belt every 2 seconds just to die 2 seconds later and repeating.

Edit: Also I didnt pay to win, I voted just like everyone else to get my gold and found high runes to trade for my thunderfury, no need to be rude.
    Last edited by Savior; 07-26-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Administrator
    Gold

Every other person that has responded in this thread has basically said they don't die that often. I'm not sure why you are, but we are not making the game easier.

Even if dying often was in the game design (which it is not) then it still wouldn't be a problem. Ever heard of the dark souls series? Dying frequently is in that game by design, and it's a very very successful series. Clearly there are plenty of people who have no problem with death being a part of a game.

The problem is that diablo 2 is such an old game that keeping it the same as it was before is just not an option for a private server. MANY servers have tried that (project M, d2 origins, the most recent WoB incarnation) and have not succeeded. People need more than the same old diablo 2 to keep them interested.

You should try talking to some of the top players in-game, most of them are quite friendly and will help you get to a point where you don't die as frequently.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: saesarandomd2
    Annihilus Account: saesa

He is right that many guys we recently got on realm are just struggling with new content. But then again, they can always play baal or cows. I am forced to do cows all the time, so no biggies, Savior

Quote Originally Posted by imbanieuser View Post
    asasin has no damage at all. thats it. need remake new powerfull skill.

Administrator
    Gold

Yeah, regular d2 is still completely in this game. You're still able to do all of the old content if you don't like the new content.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: rastamun1234

shit I'm currently doing norm hell cows now. its my best source of blue orgs/HR's. and I'm doing it with a tals sorc which set u could prolly get for free.

User Tag List