Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The High runes (Hrs) market

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

I can understand a manpower issue, and constant monitoring would be non-viable. But there's gotta be a way to discourage self-transferring that could be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    I can understand a manpower issue, and constant monitoring would be non-viable. But there's gotta be a way to discourage self-transferring that could be implemented.
    I've tried forever to think of something, it isn't like I haven't tried! There just isn't anything that really works without manual searches, which we simply cannot do.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I've tried forever to think of something, it isn't like I haven't tried! There just isn't anything that really works without manual searches, which we simply cannot do.
    Have you tried to read mac-adresses via annihilus client? Then prevent accounts with same mac getting gold from vote (only 1 acc can get it). If you think that people who have more than 1 pc may overrun this, they can do it with the current rules just by buying things from different accounts and transfering them to one.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Bad idea is bad? Useless cliche is useless.

Gold has nothing to do with rune market? Then why do you think they remove runes from Hadriel at the beginning of ladder resets?

Which basic items? Just go look at the Trading forums.

Trash post is trash.
    Because that 1 example is literally the only situation where people would pay gold for runes, and we're talking about the other 99.9% of the time not just a short time after ladder reset.

Your example is bad because you make it sound like you can't earn any items or buy anything because it's all too expensive.

Transfering gold is not a big enough issue to single handedly bring down the market in the way we're discussing.

You can already trade the items you buy with gold, what your idea does is lets people farm votes and cheat the system, requiring an Admin to monitor it 24/7.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Because that 1 example is literally the only situation where people would pay gold for runes, and we're talking about the other 99.9% of the time not just a short time after ladder reset.

Your example is bad because you make it sound like you can't earn any items or buy anything because it's all too expensive.

Transfering gold is not a big enough issue to single handedly bring down the market in the way we're discussing.

You can already trade the items you buy with gold, what your idea does is lets people farm votes and cheat the system, requiring an Admin to monitor it 24/7.
    So, what you're basically saying is that because YOU don't have a solution to the problem, nobody else should look for one? Fuck outta my face with that bullshit.

Gold

So, what you're basically saying is that because YOU don't have a solution to the problem, nobody else should look for one? Fuck outta my face with that bullshit.

I agree the high rune market could be better, and there's many reasons for why players behave this way.

1) Drop rates are "fairly" high, but there's a lot of rich people who log 50 mules to farm, so Computer performance profits farming, and them getting high runes so easily changes the market

2) Most Runeword items are not used because players skip straight to Sets for more bonuses/damage, so there is no system in place to consume "lower" high level runes

3) Pul+ runes only require 2 to upgrade and no gems, which can make the trading market for Um-Sur worse, even though it's easier to upgrade high runes, this is not a problem on Battle.net because it has much lower rates and gems have value there

The only solutions I can think of would be putting a limit on drop rate increases after 20 players in a game, slightly boost Runewords that nobody is using, make Set items (M'avina, Aldur, Immortal, etc) harder to obtain since they are being treated as "starter items", and make runes below Pul only require 2 to upgrade to help low level players with farming since rich people don't pickup runes below Mal.
    Look before you leap, how's that for a cliche?

Gold

Ah, so when you have bad ideas, they're solutions. But when someone else makes a suggestion, you respond with cliches? Yeah, I'll just be ignoring everything your dumb, obtuse ass has to say from this point on.

NOTE: We need a block feature on the forum.

Gold

its not a solution to the problem he talk about

Gold

Ah, so when you have bad ideas, they're solutions. But when someone else makes a suggestion, you respond with cliches? Yeah, I'll just be ignoring everything your dumb, obtuse ass has to say from this point on.

NOTE: We need a block feature on the forum.
    should not write while on emotions, wait out, then write

Gold

No, a bad idea is always bad, Game also explains why allowing gold currency trading won't happen and has downsides.

In addition to my cliches I explained to you why it wouldn't work.

The multiple suggestions I made would help fix separate parts of the same problem, and part of that post is explaining details about the issue Scorchz said.

Quote Originally Posted by bgtomsk View Post
    its not a solution to the problem he talk about
    Oh I thought we're talking about the value of high runes as it relates to trading and the server economy

User Tag List