Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The High runes (Hrs) market

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

The High runes (Hrs) market

First and foremost , this treat isn't about complaining or anything. I am juste a little bit curious and tired of getting refuse in trade when I'm offering a HR bellow BER. Since when an High rune start at ber ? Ever since i played Diablo 2 on battle net , An High rune start At Ohm or Lo , so i'm just curious , why in this server Lo or even Sur isn't an hr ? It cannot be because they are bad into a socket or something , cause no one use them for that purpose anyways , we all put facet or horadrims. Wouldn't be easier to trade as a " new " player with the proper high rune system ? cause right now , When you loot a rune bellow BER , you can literally leave it on the floor lol , cause , who will trade it anyways ? I traded with a guy today , he refuse my Lo+sur for an item , ( witch is a high rune ) saying that he wanted Ber+ , and we end up having this discution that things have to change , cuz it just doesn't make sense that a rune bellow Ber are useless trading tolls. I know my words may not change a single bit the market , and i may offend some people , and getting some dislike comment , but whatever , at least i made the move that maybe some people wanted to do and was afraid of getting rejected by the community.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

I agree the high rune market could be better, and there's many reasons for why players behave this way.

1) Drop rates are "fairly" high, but there's a lot of rich people who log 50 mules to farm, so Computer performance profits farming, and them getting high runes so easily changes the market

2) Most Runeword items are not used because players skip straight to Sets for more bonuses/damage, so there is no system in place to consume "lower" high level runes

3) Pul+ runes only require 2 to upgrade and no gems, which can make the trading market for Um-Sur worse, even though it's easier to upgrade high runes, this is not a problem on Battle.net because it has much lower rates and gems have value there

The only solutions I can think of would be putting a limit on drop rate increases after 20 players in a game, slightly boost Runewords that nobody is using, make Set items (M'avina, Aldur, Immortal, etc) harder to obtain since they are being treated as "starter items", and make runes below Pul only require 2 to upgrade to help low level players with farming since rich people don't pickup runes below Mal.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-01-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

I used tons of Ohm runes just for rerolling cta

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Not to mention that for high level items, people are asking only for gold. Even for items that can be farmed with basic set items. I understand that the server needs to make money, but really? I enjoy this server, and would love to keep on playing. But the market is fucked by not allowing people to transfer gold they earned from voting to make purchases. Spending cash for even basic items = People like me never being able to use the end-game content that brought me here.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    I used tons of Ohm runes just for rerolling cta
    proberly the only runeword that everyone makes , so there's another reason putting Ohm as a hr and a trading toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    Not to mention that for high level items, people are asking only for gold. Even for items that can be farmed with basic set items. I understand that the server needs to make money, but really? I enjoy this server, and would love to keep on playing. But the market is fucked by not allowing people to transfer gold they earned from voting to make purchases. Spending cash for even basic items = People like me never being able to use the end-game content that brought me here.
    How do you propose we prevent people from masking all sorts of hidden accounts and voting everyday, and moving the Gold to 1 account and quickly buying things? The market would instantly die.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Bad idea is bad.

If someone wants 11k gold for Sanctuary's Balance that's up to them, but they're receiving that gold based on the items in Hadriel and odds are nobody with 11k gold would give it for something you can get from a boss.

Spending cash for basic items? What items are you even talking about?

Gold has almost nothing to do with why the High Rune market is going downhill.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    How do you propose we prevent people from masking all sorts of hidden accounts and voting everyday, and moving the Gold to 1 account and quickly buying things? The market would instantly die.
    What's to stop them from voting on every account and trading for Hadriel items, as is currently a fairly common practice? (Trading for Hadriel items, not multiaccounts)

And you could also limit accounts to 1 per IP on the website. Are there ways around this? Sure. But permanently banning accounts for transferring gold to the same IP is a start. There's gotta be a way we do this legitimately. I don't mind the idea of buying gold. But I think more people are likely to splurge every once in a while on a gold reserve they can freely trade than they are to buy gold every time they want to buy an item. But maybe it's my own anti-microtransaction rage.
    Last edited by Brimstonejack; 10-02-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Bad idea is bad.

If someone wants 11k gold for Sanctuary's Balance that's up to them, but they're receiving that gold based on the items in Hadriel and odds are nobody with 11k gold would give it for something you can get from a boss.

Spending cash for basic items? What items are you even talking about?

Gold has almost nothing to do with why the High Rune market is going downhill.
    Bad idea is bad? Useless cliche is useless.

Gold has nothing to do with rune market? Then why do you think they remove runes from Hadriel at the beginning of ladder resets?

Which basic items? Just go look at the Trading forums.

Trash post is trash.

What's to stop them from voting on every account and trading for Hadriel items, as is currently a fairly common practice? (Trading for Hadriel items, not multiaccounts)

And you could also limit accounts to 1 per IP on the website. Are there ways around this? Sure. But permanently banning accounts for transferring gold to the same IP is a start. There's gotta be a way we do this legitimately. I don't mind the idea of buying gold. But I think more people are likely to splurge every once in a while on a gold reserve they can freely trade than they are to buy gold every time they want to buy an item. But maybe it's my own anti-microtransaction rage.
    The total difference is, when Gold starts to accumulate on the same account it's a lot easier to spot. If they are instantly moving the 60-120 Gold often it's much harder to see, and is way less obvious. We don't have the manpower to actively monitor this. It is just WAY too easy to hide IP addresses nowadays, it is completely unreliable method

User Tag List