Thread: Event Hosting Procedures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Event Hosting Procedures

Some of these things are already done and I'm just suggesting a tweak to "how" it is done, but some are new.
    Lockzilla asked me to come up with some suggestions so this is me following-up with my ideas.
    The conversations in my last thread regarding events got sidetracked and nothing was resolved or improved as a result.
    I hope this thread cuts through the noise and explains to you (the reader) why # 1-5 would benefit events overall, therefore the server, if they were implemented or updated.

1) Post locked registration threads longer before hosting
    -- More Forum publicity for events/annihilus
    -- Some people might not even see the thread, even if they don't participate, until after it's over

2) Advertise in-game for events longer before hosting them, perhaps during the peak time of the day before
    -- Instead of announcing periodically 6 hours before it starts it would be more effective to make it 8 or 12
    -- If you're worried about spam then reduce the frequency and increase the overall duration

3) Encourage players to "Register/Subscribe" to the event section and receive website notifications
    -- It's the ultimate announcement, when a new event thread is posted players will receive a notification instantly
    -- More likely to grow a dedicated group of players participating in events

4) Make a Poll about when players are most likely to participate in events
    -- Find out when the community is most ready to participate in events, help decide on peak times
    -- Advertise the Poll in-game and get newcomers to check out the Foru and the event process

5) Pay Event Hosters a flat rate of gold for doing their duty as a Team, instead of claiming players prizes
    -- When the same people win every event it diminishes the will for new participants to try
    -- When someone Hosts, that person would automatically have the best odds of winning it because it is planned in their favor
    -- (currently) When events are hosted the GM/Hoster benefits from lack of participants
    -- (currently) There is a potential conflict of interest when an event hoster has total control of event times, types, the registration times and the amount of prizes
    Last edited by Addah; 10-11-2016 at 12:05 PM.

User Tag List