Hello people. Most of you know my campaign to make summoner necromancers great again, I've been messaging Alex (Game) and talking to people about what can be done. One of my many suggestions was to make Iron Golems persist after death, but Game said that's hard-coded and can't be done.

Today I've come up with a new idea that's (hopefully) doable: Gem Golem

Use a Perfect gem to summon a golem. Golem snapshots affixes of the weapon that the caster is currently using. It has least amount of threat of all minions except Fire Golems (check bottom of the post).

Synergies: Blood Golem (Life per hit each level), Summon Mastery (standard stuff), Clay Golem (HP per level),

Replaces: Iron Golem

Trag'Oul's True Guise effect: Each Golem Active increases poison damage by %5. As I know Conviction Aura doesn't reduce poison resistance anyway, so this would actually be useful.

A few other improvements to Golems would be:

Blood Golem gets life per hit and lifesteal and a massive HP/Armor bonus, %30 of the damage taken by Necromancer and other Golems is absorbed by Blood Golem. Does not stack with each golem. Higher threat than others golems except Clay.

Clay Golem uses a small AoE Bash ability and has a new aura that gives IAS/MS reduction to enemies (decrepify-ish). High threat compared to other Golems, lower than Skeleton Warriors.

Fire Golem has a chance to cast meteor and uses fireball as main offensive ability. Conviction aura is built-in without Trag'Oul's True Guise with higher AoE. Lower HP than other golems, least threat, high resistances.

Please do think of the Golemmancer we can make out of this. It would be so much fun! Thanks for reading.