Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Necromancer v2

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I said I would not be working on summoner necro until 4.1, I never said I was working on it months ago. Now that I have started, I am going to work on it any freetime I get until I hit the sweet spot. You discouraging me intentionally single handedly ruins any "good deeds" you did for the server. Do you realize just how much time I put into Annihilus? I would LOVE to be able to spend even more time fixing things and improving the server but as I have repeated over and over I am a one man developer team, I work full time and have a 19 month old son I love to spend as much time with as I can. It doesn't exactly leave me many hours to do developing and hardcore testing.

My "testing" phase is to get it to the public and take public yet CONSTRUCTIVE feedback via the forums, and it has worked wonders for me this far. You make it sound like this is my job and it is a requirement for me to work non stop on this. I do this because I enjoy it as a hobby, and trust me I put every minute I can into it as long as it doesn't take away from my family or other responsibilities. You should think about what you're saying to someone before you absolutely roast the hard work they've done.
    the solution to your problem is hiring testers that offers their free time as nedamettin did. you do not need to do things alone and be "one man developer team".

Quote Originally Posted by bgtomsk View Post
    the solution to your problem is hiring testers that offers their free time as nedamettin did. you do not need to do things alone and be "one man developer team".
    People recommend this but do not know what this entails of. Our patch size is MUCH bigger than 95% of other mods out there. It takes a lot of time to fully compile a patch and send it out, especially if I keep making small changes. It is much better / efficient for me to just have everyone test it on live.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    People recommend this but do not know what this entails of. Our patch size is MUCH bigger than 95% of other mods out there. It takes a lot of time to fully compile a patch and send it out, especially if I keep making small changes. It is much better / efficient for me to just have everyone test it on live.
    mb an online conference among habitues should be implemented before each patch? to refine your ideas. especially major ones, that will affect several classes (for example that revive concept).

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

I think this is a rare situation where something is drastically changed and impacts multiple classes.

As long as it's fixed relatively fast, if it's tested live, then it's not really a big deal.

One possible fix is to have Class Suggestion/Test forum section so people can give feedback about experience in each class/build.True there's character strategy/guides but that's not the same thing, I mean for future changes.

Or maybe select some people to research and give input on class changes, not necessarily test the patch.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-18-2016 at 03:03 PM.

I will have a new revision pushed to live servers sometime late tonight.

User Tag List