Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas for 5.0

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Make a portal next to boss, re-enter, there's ur area summon teleport !
    Mhm. I tend to do that in order to get my revives to keep up with me. It's annoying sure, but it gets the job done.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

give skeletons a bigger range simply... ynot?

Gold

Add this suggestion. Nerf the Assassin a bit at least which I'm sure you've heard of a lot by now. How? Consider the following:

1) First and foremost reduce the number of extra shadows by 1 for both the Assassin Abyss Sphere and the Touch of Death claws. There's just no justification to me as to why this character can potentially have a comparable amount of shadow masters as a necromancer can have golems (and yes I know the latter can have more of those, revives, and skeletons but the thing is that's the point for type of character).

2) Consider tweaking Jack of all Trades slightly where points on the skill alone in terms of percentage damage to certain elements are reduced slightly while the synergy bonus it gets from martial arts skills may be buffed if needed if you'd like the Martial Arts Assassin to be more viable build. I would note changing this may also call for nerfing the Touch of Death claws as well.

3) Consider removing abyss blink if nothing else. If other classes/builds (excluding the sorceress of course) can't benefit from teleporting due to certain items they will need for their class/build, than neither should the Assassin. She should be in the same boat with other elemental builds in terms of wanting to use the teleportation scroll or not on their armor. The Martial Arts or Whirlwind Assassin, meanwhile, can always try closing the gap against enemies with Ambush just as the Druid can do similarly with Pounce or the Barbarian can do with leap (assuming players don't want to use a teleportation scroll and Tyrael's Might for those builds).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 01-28-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    Add this suggestion. Nerf the Assassin a bit at least which I'm sure you've heard of a lot by now. How? Consider the following:

1) First and foremost reduce the number of extra shadows by 1 for both the Assassin Abyss Sphere and the Touch of Death claws. There's just no justification to me as to why this character can potentially have a comparable amount of shadow masters as a necromancer can have golems (and yes I know the latter can have more of those, revives, and skeletons but the thing is that's the point for type of character).

2) Consider tweaking Jack of all Trades slightly where points on the skill alone in terms of percentage damage to certain elements are reduced slightly while the synergy bonus it gets from martial arts skills may be buffed if needed if you'd like the Martial Arts Assassin to be more viable build. I would note changing this may also call for nerfing the Touch of Death claws as well.

3) Consider removing abyss blink if nothing else. If other classes/builds (excluding the sorceress of course) can't benefit from teleporting due to certain items they will need for their class/build, than neither should the Assassin. She should be in the same boat with other elemental builds in terms of wanting to use the teleportation scroll or not on their armor. The Martial Arts or Whirlwind Assassin, meanwhile, can always try closing the gap against enemies with Ambush just as the Druid can do similarly with Pounce or the Barbarian can do with leap (assuming players don't want to use a teleportation scroll and Tyrael's Might for those builds).
    I don't play the assassin ever, but vaudeville sounds like he's making a lot of sense. lol
    He's a good player so I trust his opinion even if I dont fully understand everything he's saying.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    give skeletons a bigger range simply... ynot?
    I like the idea of adding more melee skeleton range, but I asked about archer range and it can't be increased.

Yes Yes Yes a million times Yes

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    I don't play the assassin ever, but vaudeville sounds like he's making a lot of sense. lol
    He's a good player so I trust his opinion even if I dont fully understand everything he's saying.
    Hmm, then allow me to summarize all that in a simpler way.

1) An assassin shouldn't have a similar advantage as a necromancer can have in terms of the number of shadows she can have (I particularly don't like this because an Amazon can certainly use extra Valkyries, but there's only one item and scrolls where she can do so)

2) Tweak all that stuff so that the trap and whirlwind assassin is a bit weaker (I have to try out the latter a little more) than they are now while boosting up the Martial Arts assassin.

3) The assassin shouldn't haven't the same advantage as a sorceress by teleporting once she gets her Abyss Sphere. In all honesty, I should have put this as the main thing that should be removed for this class. Point 2 isn't as necessary as 3 and 1 except for the whirlwind assassin which I'm sure will be nerfed anyway.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Yeah I really don't think abyss blink is that big of a deal. By the time someone is able to afford a prime charm, they're rich enough to afford an armor with teleport. There are a lot of ways to get teleport on an armor now. So it really isn't an impediment at this point. In fact, I had an armor with teleport on the first day of this past ladder because nobody else in the baal run I was in thought to pick up a white rare armor. So I had a 3 all skill/1 teleport rare armor right at the start. In addition, I'm not sure if you realize that abyss blink was actually nerfed just last patch because we finally realized how crazy good the proc rate was about a week before the patch hit. I still find it hilarious that it took over a year for someone to test out a proc-based weapon with abyss blink and figure out how busted it was. Also, assassins mostly function as a spellcaster class. Without the extra shadows, trappers would have a really hard time vs harder content. They need something that can take damage for them, give them time to set up trap fields, and keep monsters in the trap fields. Shadows allow them to do that. The tradeoff is that they are made of paper. So you will be recasting them constantly. Without them though, trappers are basically unplayable as anyone who has ever watched a poorly geared trapper running for its life in inferno cows knows.

WW sins are strong. But they aren't nearly on the level of nado druids at the beginning of the last ladder. The only real problem I have with them is that right now they are stronger than WW barbs. Since barbs are getting reworked next patch, I think they will at least be comparable.

I think trappers are probably the strongest spec right now at the top end. For whatever reason though, they seem to be overshadowed by other specs and/or people just don't like playing them. I mean we had several solo crucible clears at below 20 minutes fairly early in the ladder and assassins haven't been changed at all since then. Everyone would rather build a druid though for some reason even though trappers have out damaged them for a while now. Fire trappers have the highest damage ceiling of any build. Light trappers do slightly less damage while being tankier because they have access to oak sage. I didn't play either of them very much because they take a long time to gear at the top end and mind blast's (from shadow master) conversion drives me nuts. You realistically need at least 200+ fire/150+ light pierce for them to reach their potential.

Gold

To rrra

Regaring Abyss Blink, yeah I heard about the recent change to that. I also find it funny that it took so long to change that. My two problems with this skill is that first, I don't believe the Assassin deserves the advantage of being able to teleport just with that charm and second, that because of this skill, an assassin can afford using other enchantments on their armor to make them more powerful which gives them a huge advantage over other elemental casters (except of course Sorceresses and assuming they don't use other armor with teleport) which I don't find fair at all.

Regarding the WW sin, I'm hoping they get nerfed and that the WW Barb comes back as the rightful king of that skill. It's his skill, not the Assassin's.

Regarding the use of trap assassin as of late, It's hard for me to tell since I've been back for the past 2 weeks, but it does seem that the build got overshadowed a bit even though it hasn't been nerfed at all. I'm just as lost as you are as to why that is.

Regarding the Wind Druid, yes they were obscenely ridiculous in the beginning and now they've been nerfed perhaps a bit too much from I've heard.

Regarding Shadows, yes that is true. They are weak (which is why I hope that they can individually be buffed a bit instead while decreasing their numbers) and they are meant to buy the Assassin time. I get that. I don't have a problem with the Assassin having an extra Shadow from her charm, and another one from her a weapon she can use. My problem with the Assassin in this regard is that other elemental builds either are pretty much in a similar boat (Bowzon who can only get 1 Valkyrie who even when maxed is still pretty weak and the Lighting Javazon who can possibly get 2 who will be even weaker because the player will have put points elsewhere and assuming the player uses the Twin's Anger which they likely won't) or worse (Sorceresses, unless you get the new fire dimensional Shard, and FOH and Searing Light Paladin who have no protection whatsoever), so its not fair to come to the defense of the Trap Assassin and ignore other builds who have it just as bad or worse.

Beyond being able to teleport and get help from one too many summons compared to other elemental builds, I don't have much of a problem with the Assassin right now. They seem more than good enough (especially compared to the previous ladder). I just don't like seeing them have particular advantages other builds should have while we have other builds that don't those advantages and yet badly need them. I highly doubt decreasing the maximum number of shadows the Assassin can get from 5 to 3 and removing Abyss Blink would make her worse than other elemental builds. The suggestion regarding Jack of All Trades I made could be dropped so long as the two changes are made just to see how people react from there. I would also note, elsewhere I've made the proposal of adding damage reduction in place of Abyss Blink should the Assassin need such or some other helpful modifier.

Finally I'm going to have to drop the hammer on you regarding your statement that a poorly geared trapper is basically unplayable against Inferno cows because everyone knows pretty much every poorly geared build except the Necromancer are almost unplayable against Inferno Cows. Yes I've seen my fair share of badly equipped Trap Assassins do no more than tickle Inferno Cows, but I've seen the exact same problem with builds too even when they had their set gear (surely we've all seen Sorceresses get their asses handed to them time and time again with and especially without the Tal Rasha set). I mean, have you ever seen a Paladin with starting gear do well against Inferno Cows? I certainly haven't. I'm sorry, but that just isn't a persuasive argument.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

u can pretty much farm anything with a prime and nats as assassin.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

To rrra
    Finally I'm going to have to drop the hammer on you regarding your statement that a poorly geared trapper is basically unplayable against Inferno cows because everyone knows pretty much every poorly geared build except the Necromancer are almost unplayable against Inferno Cows. Yes I've seen my fair share of badly equipped Trap Assassins do no more than tickle Inferno Cows, but I've seen the exact same problem with builds too even when they had their set gear (surely we've all seen Sorceresses get their asses handed to them time and time again with and especially without the Tal Rasha set). I mean, have you ever seen a Paladin with starting gear do well against Inferno Cows? I certainly haven't.
    Lovely argument

Quote Originally Posted by nedamettin View Post
    u can pretty much farm anything with a prime and nats as assassin.
    Trapsin and Barb are the king and queen of the server, I hope 5.0 changes that a bit.

User Tag List