Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: farming vanilla content to get marks!/why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Pulse37

agree with lampo. Hard areas / bosses should provide the better rewards. i know this is generally true, but the marks and puzzle boxes are the things that provide the best gear, and drop from the weakest mobs and act bosses. Would prefer seeing areas as hard as level 14 cruci (the one with ifrits of destroyers) with slightly better drops, and mobs have a tiny chance to drop a certain mark.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

I really like the idea (forget who suggested it) of giving monsters in certain inferno areas a chance to drop a particular map. A2, A3 and A5 Icy Cellar inferno areas in particular are quite challenging and yet are rarely farmed because the red portal A5 areas are just so much easier. You could give each inferno area monster a small chance to drop a particular map. I think grinding those would be a lot more fun and challenging then mindlessly kiliing Diablo/Duriel/Baal. For example, A2 stony tomb monsters could drop Mark of Lies, A3 swampy pit monsters could drop Mark of Sin and A5 Icy Cellar Monsters could drop the Black Soulstone. They would still be exclusive due to the difficulty of those areas and it would be a much more fun and challenging hunt than vanilla boss killing. You could even do that while eliminating the drops from vanilla bosses while keeping (but lowering) the drop rate for the various uber versions of the vanilla bosses. I know I am going to need a mark pretty soon and am dreading farming nothing but Diablo for two weeks straight. Just my two cents.

Edit: echo what pulse said right above me
    Last edited by rrra; 03-15-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

SOLUTION!

new inferno area
    lots of Hard* mobs (drop nothing but mark but extremely low chance 1 in 100000) no normal loot bc its area for farming marks and such
    no tele
    end of area has boss with say 1/balanced chance to drop puzzle/mark whatever

basically an area just for the puzle/mark.

and by hard i mean HARD*

/i see future and say there is a new cruci-like area but for marks/puzles a keys being common drop and mark/puzzle being uncommon or even rare drop
    Last edited by norak; 03-28-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    SOLUTION!

new inferno area
    lots of Hard* mobs (drop nothing but mark but extremely low chance 1 in 100000) no normal loot bc its area for farming marks and such
    no tele
    end of area has boss with say 1/balanced chance to drop puzzle/mark whatever

basically an area just for the puzle/mark.

and by hard i mean HARD*

/i see future and say there is a new cruci-like area but for marks/puzles a keys being common drop and mark/puzzle being uncommon or even rare drop
    i like the idea!!i would like marks still beeing really rare though. dont want everyone having elite gear!

cruci is easier than expected. was alot of fun at start but would be ncie to have a seconday area after farming crucible. would be a diffrent progression of the game, after getting enough horads and elite gear from crucible you could have a more challenging run that would need a good clan to finish... Maybe even have that secondary area (crucible #2 ) drop book of abyss as a really rare drop. alteast having that would show that you deserve it more so than just running mothing but frag runs.

crucible #2 ideas is having rift diablo,cthulu and uldy as the end boss fight!! my god that would be intense.

would be cool to see more inferno bosses in it aswell.

User Tag List