View Poll Results: Are Drop Rates On Items To Get To New Endgame Areas Too High? Just Right? Or Too Low?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's too easy to find them.

4 11.43%
  • I think it should stay the way it is.

7 20.00%
  • I think it should be easier to find them.

24 68.57%

Thread: Drop Rates On Items To Get To Endgame Areas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Games already given the rates for the drop rates of marks and I'd say there just fine. a 1/~250 chance to drop what is potentionally the best item in the game is actually quite low (look at original diablo and it's 1~thousands drop chances). Like, a durial clear takes ~35 seconds. So arguably after a couple hours of farming you'd likely see a mark. That's not bad at all.

I think, the real problem atm is one that can't really be fixed and that's just that without having thousands of players trading is kinda dead... I've tried for over a week now to find a single person selling marks/band of sin etc... and nobody is trading them, mainly because I feel a lot of the time such items are found there traded within clans/friends so for new comers it's kind of hard to obtain such things without just playing self-found.

This, combined with bad RNG will make something feel hopeless because you've basically got no choice but to just farm that boss until it drops if it's what you need... Like I say, sadly not something that can be fixed and increasing drop rates wouldn't help this problem.

/e

Oh but the drop rate of puzzle boxes, blue organs etc... Seems rediculously low and that does need a buff.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Games already given the rates for the drop rates of marks and I'd say there just fine. a 1/~250 chance to drop what is potentionally the best item in the game is actually quite low (look at original diablo and it's 1~thousands drop chances). Like, a durial clear takes ~35 seconds. So arguably after a couple hours of farming you'd likely see a mark. That's not bad at all.

I think, the real problem atm is one that can't really be fixed and that's just that without having thousands of players trading is kinda dead... I've tried for over a week now to find a single person selling marks/band of sin etc... and nobody is trading them, mainly because I feel a lot of the time such items are found there traded within clans/friends so for new comers it's kind of hard to obtain such things without just playing self-found.

This, combined with bad RNG will make something feel hopeless because you've basically got no choice but to just farm that boss until it drops if it's what you need... Like I say, sadly not something that can be fixed and increasing drop rates wouldn't help this problem.

/e

Oh but the drop rate of puzzle boxes, blue organs etc... Seems rediculously low and that does need a buff.
    Agreed, with 20- 30 SECOND runs I feel like the server wohld be filled with elite gear by now. Guess its a good thing everyone hates farming it. Elite gear like that shuld be farmed from a harder area

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

I second the issue with blue organs being to low of a drop rate. I feel like there needs to be another area in the game other than cows/inferno cows with increased monster density. Farming vanilla bosses is extremely boring. These are the only gripes I have at the moment. Keep up the good work! Keep the boss drop rate the way it is.

User Tag List