Thread: Possible event suggestion

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Rabidpug

Possible event suggestion

Capture the Flag:
    It's a bit hard for me to remember what the exact rules were, but on this server it should be a bit easier to brainstorm and come up with a fair set.

Teams: 2 (Was 4 per team, but on Annihilus there can definitely be more)
    Area: Canyon of the Magi
    Rules: Team One would hide their "flag" (used to use a Wirt's leg and have a character personalize it after naming their character 'Team1Flag' or 'Team2Flag') in a random Tomb of Tal Rasha. Once the flag was hidden, Team Two would then search throughout the tombs trying to find the flag, while Team One attempted to kill them.

Once the flag was recovered and returned to town by Team Two, that team would score a point. If the flag was recovered and NOT returned to town, Team One would take the flag and hide it again.

Being as that in the original game you can't recover your body in town I think we may have done something along the lines of characters stayed dead after dying and the round would reset. Again, it was long ago so I can't remember exactly how we played. EDIT: Probably couldn't attack the person retrieving their body after they died.

Another way it can be played is each team gets 3 tombs on opposite sides of the canyon with 2 portals set up in between them so when a player dies they can re-enter the canyon on their side of the map.

That's all I really have time to type for right now. Hopefully with these base ideas some other people can come up with some more rules.

Also, this can be played in a tournament style format if enough teams enter. Depending on the mode that's chosen as well it can have a time limit on the games for each round. Also, character level limits could make the game more fun.

Suggestions welcome!
    Last edited by Rabidpug; 03-29-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Norp

sounds like fun!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

This sounds quite interesting, I suggested something like this but I didn't really know how it would work.
    The way you've explained it seems very well thought up, there could even be some improvements on it.
    I love the idea either way and think it would be a great addition to Events and maybe even Clan Wars.
    Imagine one clan vs another doing this, it would be lovely.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Rabidpug

It was a very crude version that we played back then, but I remember it being a lot of fun. I don't really have the time to get on Annihilus for the next week or so but when I get a chance I'll try to get some people together to play so we can figure out some rules.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

im in. good idea!!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tacc

I personally prefer having the second option over all. ( Each team gets three tombs with a portal) I would be a lot harder to try to cheat or ruin the fun by having someone not co-operate. Then you could just have a time limit set to each round like 5 or 10min.

Overall I like the idea in its whole. Hope this comes to being an event in the future.

User Tag List