Thread: Hardcore/League rewards

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah1

Hardcore/League rewards

From what I've gathered reading the forum here, softcore is much more populated than hardcore, and having played here in the past I can agree to that.

With the increased difficulty and almost non-existent hardcore population it would be very difficult to get started, and I'm sure many players die from a fireball to the face in Den of Evil, never to try it again.

Considering the recent Omega-Heart event and the need to keep players engaged in the days leading up to ladder reset, I wonder if there's something to be done with Hardcore to accomplish a variety of goals here.

Perhaps some exchangeable hardcore rewards for various events or accomplishments, here are some ideas.

Hardcore:

- Forum title for clearing certain end-game content like full Crucible.
    - Forum title for reaching max level in hardcore.
    - Inferno bosses have a chance to drop an item, exchangeable for account gold at the end of ladder.
    - Events for uber diablo or other bosses/inferno cows spawned by staff.

The idea of a gold reward for collected items "at the end" of ladder would mean hardcore players could still profit on the last week of ladder, while softcore is basically dead, and increases the odds of them instantly starting on new ladder.

Also I think farming end-game content on Hardcore is impressive enough to merit at least a small amount of gold at the end of ladder if they're still alive.
    Last edited by Addah1; 10-12-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sleezy2

Quote Originally Posted by Addah1 View Post
    From what I've gathered reading the forum here, softcore is much more populated than hardcore, and having played here in the past I can agree to that.

With the increased difficulty and almost non-existent hardcore population it would be very difficult to get started, and I'm sure many players die from a fireball to the face in Den of Evil, never to try it again.

Considering the recent Omega-Heart event and the need to keep players engaged in the days leading up to ladder reset, I wonder if there's something to be done with Hardcore to accomplish a variety of goals here.

Perhaps some exchangeable hardcore rewards for various events or accomplishments, here are some ideas.

Hardcore:

- Forum title for clearing certain end-game content like full Crucible.
    - Forum title for reaching max level in hardcore.
    - Inferno bosses have a chance to drop an item, exchangeable for account gold at the end of ladder.
    - Events for uber diablo or other bosses/inferno cows spawned by staff.

The idea of a gold reward for collected items "at the end" of ladder would mean hardcore players could still profit on the last week of ladder, while softcore is basically dead, and increases the odds of them instantly starting on new ladder.

Also I think farming end-game content on Hardcore is impressive enough to merit at least a small amount of gold at the end of ladder if they're still alive.
    cool idea. i have always wanted to do an event in the off season aswell.

User Tag List