Been there a while,

I do agree that walking from the start is hard since I'm an experienced player and I always solo walk on new ladder season. This time was the hardest one since the difficulty was raised again. The original game was designed that there would be more fire immune then other immune... I don't know why, this was just always the case in vanilla D2 and I don't think that redistributing this would be a good time investment. On this patch, I would recommand trying to walk through the game with summons Necro, it will give you a good meat shield and those bastards are very powerful. Also physical and pure magic (not elemental) seems to be better for low end gear characters on this patch. You could probably use Druid summons, but I did not try it yet.

With the new ladder and new patch everyone is on a steep learning curve, it is hard to get info. You need to get through the community to get information. You cannot just use the same build or the same items you were using in the previous patch since there is so much modification on items and difficulty on this patch. Difficulty was raised, but items stats too.

Again, it is not noob friendly. People are also afraid to share good builds because they are afraid to see it nerfed if their build is spread across and it seems too powerful.

Most of all, we all need to put an effort to update the wiki to put 6.0 items before getting the new wiki game's talking about.