Thread: reintroducing the idea of expanding crucible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I suppose my belief is that in a perfect world, if you want to kill ultima, you should be playing a char specifically geared to kill ultima. I'm not going to divulge my strategy for how you could kill him with "budget" characters, but if you're approaching him with chars that dont have the fhr/fcr/frw necessary to be consistent in the fight, you shouldn't kill him.

But I am in agreement with you that the regen is in a bad spot. Then again, I also think slow is in a bad spot on bosses like ultima/omega. I don't think they should even be affected by slow. Omega is totally a good fight when he's unslowed, and he's even able to be killed by chars like a GF WW barb with enough patience and skill. That's good imo. If Ultima was similar with having high ADR to balance the fight instead of regen, especially since his attacks are extremely hard to dodge with certain chars to begin with, it'd make the fight much more interesting.

The point is, even if he has no regen and super high ADR, you won't kill him unless you're playing a super good char too. And if you have a trash char but you're good enough to survive for 10min of fight to kill him, you deserve that too (though I sincerely doubt this is possible, or that anyone would even have the patience to farm 20 orbs if they could do it this way).

Most people can't even get a t5 neo, that's just not rewarding at all to have content that's simply unapproachable for 99% of players. Skill is more rewarding than farming infinitely to make a build that has enough dmg to kill him in 10sec, cuz if you cant kill him that fast you can't kill him period right now.
    Last edited by forest; 01-17-2018 at 07:29 AM.

User Tag List