Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Circuit suggestions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Short Circuit suggestions

1. If the damage is physical...life and mana leech should work with it.

2. Make it so that enhanced damage increases the physical damage (jewels/ohm/auras)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: thessarill

nah, no need to buff short circuit, its strong enough like this.
    + like game said, it's still a magic attack, (not like maelstorm) so crushing blow, deadly strike, enhanced damages, life leech etc wont work on this and its good this way.
    light sorc are good enough, they dont need to be even better
    (+ amplify damage work on short circuit isnt it? so its already awesome)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

I think its strong enough as well, seeing how u can get like 20K Nova easy ( Physical! ) And switch to Lightning doing another ~30K Easy! ( Lightdmg ) this makes it a awesome hybrid weapon.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I think its strong enough as well, seeing how u can get like 20K Nova easy ( Physical! ) And switch to Lightning doing another ~30K Easy! ( Lightdmg ) this makes it a awesome hybrid weapon.
    I didnt have the chance to try this item. What do u mean by switching to lightning? Something like oeldritch on switch so u have phy and light dmg on same char? (why do u lose 10K dmg from light to phy?)

Gold

The short circuit item transform your nova damage ( light) as physical.
    But you still use lighting damage with the lighting spell.
    you dont lose 10k damage, he spoke about 2 different spells.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

You don't need to switch weapons with Short Circuit. The skill "Lightning" is a synergy for the skill "Nova". Short circuit converts Nova damage to physical damage instead of lightning damage. You can assign the skill "Lightning" to your left-click and it is still lightning based damage to take out physical immunes. Hence a hybrid build. I'm going to be honest though. I do more damage and clear faster as just pure lightning with conviction aura rather than waiting for amp damage to have a 30% chance to trigger off of a successful strike from a monster. I'm using short circuit/nova ormus/spirit/shrieking lich/death's advance/ Scourgelord's Girdle/magefists/maras amulet/and sojs at the moment and still dont do as much damage as when I swap out the short circuit for an Eschuta's. Any gear suggestions for a successful Short Circuit build?

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    You don't need to switch weapons with Short Circuit. The skill "Lightning" is a synergy for the skill "Nova". Short circuit converts Nova damage to physical damage instead of lightning damage. You can assign the skill "Lightning" to your left-click and it is still lightning based damage to take out physical immunes. Hence a hybrid build. I'm going to be honest though. I do more damage and clear faster as just pure lightning with conviction aura rather than waiting for amp damage to have a 30% chance to trigger off of a successful strike from a monster. I'm using short circuit/nova ormus/spirit/shrieking lich/death's advance/ Scourgelord's Girdle/magefists/maras amulet/and sojs at the moment and still dont do as much damage as when I swap out the short circuit for an Eschuta's. Any gear suggestions for a successful Short Circuit build?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    cow set
    short circ
    malev
    tyrael belt
    purrys
    wisp
    cons
    maras

tried this?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Yeah i ment the skill '' Lightning '' that you can put on left click indeed, and lets say u find urself a tough unique that stays immune with conviction + lower resist ( Seis, Venom lord '' in some cases '' in Chaos Sanctuary for example ) you could switch to the Nova skill ( right side ) dealing with light immunes, this way!
    DO keep in mind that a PHYSICAL NOVA can be blocked, unlike a LIGHTNING NOVA that can never be blocked, unless the monster got Evade/dodge ( Dreamland Bosses for example )
    Keep in mind that Ondals Helm ( Set Spired Helm ) works great on Physical Nova, mercenary, it has chance to proc AMPLIFY dmg as well.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

but ondal helm amp ctc wont work with nova, since nova is spell

Mephisto reply: Ondals on merc, let him cast it
    Last edited by Mephisto; 12-14-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Gold

but why would short circuit have amp damage as a trigger if its useless on it? :'( would work on it as its not an effect on striking but an effect applied to the monster.

User Tag List