Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Items, Guy admitted stealing it, Anything i can do?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sine25

Quote Originally Posted by Sarieavo View Post
    Unique items are everywhere even in hell cow runs, not to mention inferno and above. There are literally piles of them in town all the time. Blue organs are a little more rare but rich players don't care much about them at all considering you can get 2-3 sets of them for 1 HR and since there were brown organs mixed into the pile which are almost always left on the ground, it was very reasonable for me to assume it was someones junk pile.

I've been playing for about a week now, maybe two, I'm not sure and in that time, most of which was spent in public games, I've literally never seen someone ask to pick something up that was literally just sitting in town. It's common practice in Bnet and seemingly here that if you throw it on the ground, you don't want it. If you cared, you would trade it. That's why the trading system exists.
    no reason to argue with your opinion; like everyone is trying to point out-it was a private room and we pride ourselves on this server to setting an example, but it is funny to note that even after you state that you will give the items back, if told to by admins, you still continue to argue your point.

Gold

as far as items on the ground ive been in rooms trading with meph with several others in the room trading with him and others and no one has ever tried to pick up an item someone has dropped for another, just my experience here

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Karmasss

I can't help but point out here that despite all the talk of being friendly and trying to be community based which I completely support, these two guys were very abusive to me even as I was asking them simply to tell me how it was against the rules so that if it indeed was, I could avoid doing so in the future. instead I got told things like "damn u dumb" and "cant wait till you get banned" as well as, "hope you spent money on this game" missing grammar and all, those are direct quotes of a small number of the things said by Matter and Random-SHEET respectively. The etiquette of these private servers isn't exactly spelled out anywhere but instead of a simple explanation, these players who you claim as part of your community chose to chastise and insult instead of a simple explanation when I literally told them that if they showed me where it was against the rules, I would give them their items back but instead, again, I was met with insults so I didn't give them back. Not to say that I won't, if the staff insists, I will do so but it seems to draw into question the standards that I'm apparently being held and they, seemingly, are not.
    Last edited by Sarieavo; 01-14-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Williams

I can't help but point out here that despite all the talk of being friendly and trying to be community based which I completely support, these two guys were very abusive to me even as I was asking them simply to tell me how it was against the rules so that if it indeed was, I could avoid doing so in the future. instead I got told things like "damn u dumb" and "cant wait till you get banned" as well as, "hope you spent money on this game" missing grammar and all, those are direct quotes of a small number of the things said by Matter and Random-SHEET respectively. The etiquette of these private servers isn't exactly spelled out anywhere but instead of a simple explanation, these players who you claim as part of your community chose to chastise and insult instead of a simple explanation when I literally told them that if they showed me where it was against the rules, I would give them their items back but instead, again, I was met with insults so I didn't give them back. Not to say that I won't, if the staff insists, I will do so but it seems to draw into question the standards that I'm apparently being held and they, seemingly, are not.
    You honestly deserve to get banned for doing this. I don't get how you can justify that it's okay to join a private game and think it isn't wrong to take somebody items laying on the ground and not give them back when asked.

If you want to be treated with respect then don't steal from others.
    Last edited by Williams; 01-14-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Gold

it is in the server rules but once again you state that if staff insists you will give the items back which one did when this thread started, that should have been the end of this thread. have a nice day all see you in game

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

I'm quite certain that if you had given the items back at the very beginning when they asked you to, like common sense and the rules dictate, then they would not have been rude to you in the slightest. It's quite natural to expect comments like this when people think you stole items from them. Expecting or assuming otherwise is pretty silly.

Have the items been returned yet?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

On a side note...why the HELL would you drop anything on the ground in the first place when you can just run multiple instances of d2 with one cd-key on this server and trade them to your mules?

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    On a side note...why the HELL would you drop anything on the ground in the first place when you can just run multiple instances of d2 with one cd-key on this server and trade them to your mules?
    That's true but it doesn't excuse the behavior of sarieavo.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DacFarren View Post
    dropped them for friend, he was alt tabbed out looking at forums.

Items have not been returned.

Gold

remember all - you are in charge of your own behavior. because another becomes rude does not allow you to also be rude.

User Tag List