Thread: Let's create something to improve Frost Nova

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Let's create something to improve Frost Nova

Frost Nova is undeniably fun, but does very little damage. I was was thinking something along the lines of unique boots or gloves that have +to all skills or cold skills or frost nova/mana regen/-enemy cold res/and "your frost nova does double damage". OR simply buff Frost nova with synergies and/or increased damage. It would allow sorceresses to have an easier time running inferno cows (frozen enemies), and I think that it would be a really entertaining build!

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: FromTheRez
    Annihilus Account: FromTheRez

I've had a surprisingly decent frost nova on d2pk- as a secondary to blizz, I'm sure with the items here it could dish out something pretty tough? I do agree synergized it could be badass

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

Made these gloves mainly for a frost nova sorc, but realized a HF zealadin could be used as well, and then later the frozen arrow zon would abuse these straght up.

It seems like a wall of stats, but 2 are for buffing ice nova, and 3 are negative traits.

Feel free to tweak this with your ideas!

Izual's Despair
    Crusader Gauntlets
    {1}Cold Mastery's Effectiveness is now 80% from monster res, +20% cold skill dmg (if cold mastery gives -200 enemy res, it would become -150% enemy res +50% cold skill dmg)
    {2}Blizzard is now a synergy of Frost Nova (10-20%? no idea)
    {3}25% CtC Frozen Abyss when struck (Thinking of a spell that's like static field reducing monster HP by a %, and with a freeze duration of 3-7 seconds with a range about the screen size of the 1028-768 resolution. Another possibilty is another ice nova that expands rather slowly to the edges of the 1028-768 screen with KB)
    {4}20-40 FCR
    {5}30-40% IAS
    {6}20-30% enhanced cold damage
    {7}15% life leech
    {8}+3-5 to Cold Mastery
    {9}+3 to Offensive Auras (pally only)
    {10}Negative Resistance 30
    {11}Negative DR 15%
    {12}Negative 30-50% Fire Skill Damage (Mainly for Zon)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

I'd just flat out remove anything that benefits a zon and focus on improving frost nova. Zons are powerful enough as it is. Take out the IAS and add %max mana, take out the life leech and add 1-2 to ONLY sorceress skills levels, remove the auras bonus and negative res/dr/fire damage and add some mana regen. Add a chance to cast like level 40 frost nova or blizzard when struck. I'm seriously pushing to improve frost nova in the next patch to give the sorceress a better chance at running inferno cows. Great ideas!

User Tag List