Man, I'll tell you something, altho everything seems to be ok now:

I'm a very very very very very nice player, but I can be very very greedy when it comes to my goals, so here's what I do in hc:

If there are items I need, I'll go get them, alone, ALL ALONE. Unless someone like Equa is around, and he'll probably already know I'm looking for that specific item (and probably even give it to me, but then again, we're more like partners). Any other setup will end up in failure, and by that I mean, I only play public games if I'm there to help someone specific, or the new players. They usually will be polited enough to ask if they can keep something valuable that drops, but if they don't, I always remember the reason why I'm there at the moment, and if it happens to be something that I really really wanted, it'll usually end in some kind of trade where I overpay for what I want, considering that I was already gonna give those items to the newcomer for free anyway

I'm kinda greedy after all, it just doesn't look like that cause I'm usually in a private game, to achieve my goals, and when I'm in public, I don't have personal goals anymore!

If I were on SC, I'd never ever ever make public games, I'd join public games, identify people who would be worth playing with, and invite them to my private runs, since in SC the average behavior can be sometimes surprising hehehe