Thread: Gem Golem (A better Iron Golem)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Gem Golem (A better Iron Golem)

Hello people. Most of you know my campaign to make summoner necromancers great again, I've been messaging Alex (Game) and talking to people about what can be done. One of my many suggestions was to make Iron Golems persist after death, but Game said that's hard-coded and can't be done.

Today I've come up with a new idea that's (hopefully) doable: Gem Golem

Use a Perfect gem to summon a golem. Golem snapshots affixes of the weapon that the caster is currently using. It has least amount of threat of all minions except Fire Golems (check bottom of the post).

Synergies: Blood Golem (Life per hit each level), Summon Mastery (standard stuff), Clay Golem (HP per level),

Replaces: Iron Golem

Trag'Oul's True Guise effect: Each Golem Active increases poison damage by %5. As I know Conviction Aura doesn't reduce poison resistance anyway, so this would actually be useful.

A few other improvements to Golems would be:

Blood Golem gets life per hit and lifesteal and a massive HP/Armor bonus, %30 of the damage taken by Necromancer and other Golems is absorbed by Blood Golem. Does not stack with each golem. Higher threat than others golems except Clay.

Clay Golem uses a small AoE Bash ability and has a new aura that gives IAS/MS reduction to enemies (decrepify-ish). High threat compared to other Golems, lower than Skeleton Warriors.

Fire Golem has a chance to cast meteor and uses fireball as main offensive ability. Conviction aura is built-in without Trag'Oul's True Guise with higher AoE. Lower HP than other golems, least threat, high resistances.

Please do think of the Golemmancer we can make out of this. It would be so much fun! Thanks for reading.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Oh and another version of this would replace Blood Golem named Bone Golem. Use a Perfect Skull to summon a Golem which snapshots affixes of your armor.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Interesting idea. Just a heads up but conviction does reduce poison resistance here.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

It's definitely a good idea to boost the golems with some unique features and health.

Clay golem is the most common pick because it has 40k+ health and about 50% crushing blow, perhaps it should become the 2nd best tank next to Iron golem (damage reduction and max resist) and remain the top boss killer with its high crushing blows.

Fire golem should perhaps have the highest damage and lowest health, and give it Conviction or the Clay golems reduce spell resist aura, and it being a caster seems fine.

Blood golem already has a nice Mass regen aura, but it makes sense to give it a lot of life steal and maybe even more health than Clay because it shares a connection to the necromancer, maybe it can make revives stay alive longer or increase max health.

Iron golem would be amazing to use with Gems to gain different related auras/stats, but that being said it should have almost the same health as Clay golem and have plenty of extra damage reduction and 2-4% higher max resist. It can be the best tank because it can consume perfect gems to come alive.

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    Interesting idea. Just a heads up but conviction does reduce poison resistance here.
    New spell/aura effect changes should be added to the wiki so everyone knows this is changed and what new stuff does.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

I think the Paladin class and the Necromancer class should be merged

Gold

We already have the capability to become an undead summoner with Frostmourne, Leoric's Folly, and Diablo's Rebirth. Why not just pull the trigger and make an undead Pally a class all on its own? You could do away with half of the Pally's auras and combat skills without anyone noticing. Just merge the remaining functional auras onto one tree and then add a summoning/poison tree.

Gold

And isn't it about time that Magic damage is added to the list of resistances that the Conviction aura is effective against?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I think the Paladin class and the Necromancer class should be merged
    When you spam a thread with random off topic ideas it hurts the odds of the good ideas being implemented

You should make another thread with this

P.S. You have an edit post feature

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Tragos

I really like the idea, it will increase the reliability for sure, +1 fire golem to gain conviction aura.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    When you spam a thread with random off topic ideas it hurts the odds of the good ideas being implemented

You should make another thread with this

P.S. You have an edit post feature
    Thanks, dad.

User Tag List